Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

End of season Lake Norman get-together

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
racingnc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racingnc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2013 at 9:37pm
It was great meeting fellow Correcy Craft owners today..
ncdoubleup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncdoubleup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2013 at 11:14pm
Here's a few pics of the get together today. Sorry I didn't get any better pics, but we had an absolute blast and it was so great meeting some great CC owners and spending some time getting to know everyone. We'll have to plan another get together soon, even if we can't bring the boats!

Tim - can't wait to see the pics you took today and by the way, the score today was.........??? Nah, wouldn't do that to you!

Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2013 at 6:24pm
Yesterday was a lot of fun. I was great to meet some new CCFans (Matt and Keith) that use Lake Norman. I also would like to thank Jay and Michele for the cool logo shot glass. It will be put to good use. My dog Godiva had a blast hanging with Boaty, Skipper and Winston. She has been in doggy recovery all day today. Steve's 91 BFN is Bad A@# with that beautiful 454 motor. I am glad to say that it passed CCFAN inspection with flying RED colors.

It is always great to see Dr. Steve, Morfoot and Reid / Lori. Toward the late afternoon, Reid offered his place and we moved off of Davidson Island to Reid's compound. We got to play with Reid's beautiful Blue Skier and Shrimp Tique.

It was indeed a great day.

Donald
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2013 at 10:01pm
Looked like a good time. Sorry I missed it. Life pretty much took over this weekend.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2013 at 1:13pm
Sorry for the delay guys but I was on Norman the first weekend of October with the NC/VA guys then Lanier last weekend with the GA guys.So I'm just now getting these pics up.

As always it was great hanging out with CCFans I've known for years and meeting new ones. Unfortunately the weather wsn't in our favor for skiing as the wind was blowing pretty hard and sun in kept dodging in and out of the clouds once it did start to warm up a bit. That being said we did get to play on the water a bit driving boats that were available and using the Shrimptique as a tug boat when one of Reids neighbors Chris Craft quit running after paying us a visit. I did get the chance to see a home built one of kind boat that resembled a Riva that took the owner 7 years to build. It was really a neat boat and of course I didn't have the camera with me to take pics as I was playing the role of First Mate.

A college friend of mine who lives in Charlotte came up for a visit with her girls and were chomping at the bit to go go a ride so of course I tokk them out in the 72 Skier. The smiles on their faces said it all as they had a ball! Laurie picked up the camera and snapped a few pictures and did a great job doing so. We even got a buzzed by a B-17 Bomber that was flying over Norman all weekend which was really pretty cool. Thanks again for a great weekend guys and look forward to the next one.

Reids new to him Shamrock

This is a project boat that Reid is working on with someone on a hull that's based of the Shrimptique if I understood it it correctly. Neat rig but porposes like no tomorrow. The thing screams but you wouldn't expect anything else from Reid.

Sunset's of Pinkham Point are just freaking awesome!

B-17 buzzing right over Reids place.

My college friend Jennifer who came up for the day on Sunday.

"CORRECT CRAFT.........There is NO substitute!"

Laurie's shot of the day!

The story behind this next picture is that Bruce Hart gave Reid a case of Moxie when we saw him up in CT a month ago. He then told him in convo at some point that he needed to try a lil' "Capt" with it next time he had one so who are we to disagree? ..."Here's to you Bruce!"

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2013 at 2:58pm
and hence the name of the orange Cuda, Captain Moxie. You guys look like you got into it pretty well.

That B-17, a B24 and a P51 buzzed my house in Portland a couple weeks ago. One of the benefits of living close to the airport and being in line with the short runway. Cool planes.
dip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2013 at 3:05pm
Was the broken down Chris Craft a 1969 center console inboard with a black hull?
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2013 at 3:13pm
Yes, I believe it was. Fuel pump went out in the owner said.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
dip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2013 at 3:24pm
Old, old family friend. Great guy and amazing boat builder. He built a boat, from scratch, patterns and all, modeled on a Riva and he has something in the works now. He visited when I was down on Norman a few weeks ago and came in that Chris and I was so disappointed he didn't come in his other boat. When he saw the Nautique I had he mentioned Reid and the boat he was building, I guess referring to the Shrimptique. Small world.
Keefers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keefers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2013 at 9:40pm
We had a great time, too meeting all of you.   Everyone made us feel like we have been friends forever. It is amazing what a common interest does. Thanks for all of the great pictures. Let us know when you are getting together. Joan & Keith (Keefers)
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2014 at 4:54pm
Going to be at Lake Norman this coming weekend, 3/22-3/23, Donald is breaking out the Big Daddy ski and I will be game for anything, lol.
Saturday looks best weather-wise, any locals up for some skiing/footing??
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2014 at 9:12pm
I don't know about Norman but as of last Thurs Lanier was 54 degrees. Maybe I have been in the south too long but that's at least 11 degrees below the temp I will get wet in.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2014 at 10:33pm
Looks like Val and I will be there around Wednesday am... Will anyone still be there?
ncdoubleup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncdoubleup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2014 at 1:25am
Where are y'all meeting? We were in Lake Lookout last Saturday testing out our new boat and Jay was in the water for about 30 seconds and his feet were numb. Current temp in Lake Norman is showing the water is 48. We're game to meet y'all though. Just let us know!
Keefers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keefers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2014 at 1:35am
i think i am going to the mountains to do some 4 wheelin on friday and saturday. i should be home on saturday nite. i will try and hook up with you guys on sunday if weather permits. if i don't go to the mountains i will let you know.

Keefers
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2014 at 4:20pm
Folks,

We will be at Reid's dock on Saturday. Boat traffic should be light but I will likely be pulling Chris over near Governor's Island area. I am planning on arriving mid morning. It should be 78 degrees ( F) on Saturday. Sunday is rainy and 60 degrees ( F). Saturday will be the best day.

Donald
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2014 at 2:14am
Hate that I am going to miss this. Need to win the the lottery so work does not get in the way of the fun. Looking forward to the pictures. Otherwise it did not happen.
Have fun and thanks for the call today Donald
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2014 at 3:07am
Below 60? Brrrr, that's a minimum of a 4:3 long wetsuit and I know he don't have one. NautiqueJohn dropped of a 409 SN200. I want to see pics of that curly hair 50 year old in the water!
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2014 at 12:38am
Beginning to think that last weekend did not happen as I have yet to see any pictures and everyone knows the rules when it comes to pictures........
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic