Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Countdown to Green Lake

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ccskier16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccskier16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Countdown to Green Lake
    Posted: March-10-2006 at 7:57pm
I just wanted to give everyone an update on the ice conditions in SE Wisconsin. Stopped by a couple of the local lakes today and the ice is melting very nice. Only about 6" left. At this rate, Green Lake should be fully open by the first week in July.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2006 at 10:58pm
Ummm... I'd imagine sooner than that.
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2006 at 11:36pm
I am in Madison and this was last March.

It took a jacket but was worth the spin.I figure it will be about the same this year.Wakeboarding in Late March.WOOOO HOOO Cannot Wait !
ccskier16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccskier16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2006 at 6:44am
Sorry M3, just a bit of sarcasim while I wait for that lake to open. Hopefully it will break in the next week.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2006 at 4:22pm
I'm more than ready myself! Spent several hours today getting the boat ready to roll.
ccskier16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccskier16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2006 at 5:35pm
There were a couple of crazy people on the ice today. Hopefully the weather will keep up!

JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2006 at 8:16pm
    Wow, you guys have more ice over there then we do here in Maine/NH. Maybe we can have ours first???
                                Jeff...
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2006 at 9:23pm
What landing is that ?
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2006 at 6:27am
M3Fan,

I replaced my trailer bearings yesterday, thanks for the refresher course

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
ccskier16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccskier16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2006 at 9:24am
Originally posted by ultrahots ultrahots wrote:

What landing is that ?

It is the county landing on Pewaukee Lake.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2006 at 12:51pm
The Ice on Green is down to 5-10" with a lot of open water. It never did freeze over this winter.. Shanties are sinking as we speak.. So, it won't be long kids and we'll be beer toten our way on the water.....

ccskier16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccskier16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2006 at 7:05pm
I guess this is my weekly update on the Wisconsin thaw conditions. Eventhough it has been cold and snowing this week, we had some nice thaw action going on. Open water finally!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic