Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tower Bimmini options

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
862001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 862001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tower Bimmini options
    Posted: March-18-2006 at 7:06am
I am currently looking at a New dimmension tower, and would like to know if anyone has tried to narrow down a standard Bimini top. I have a like new sunbrella and think I may be able to drill out rivets and shorten the width a bit. Then take to an upholstery shop and have them cut and narrow the fabric. I would also have them add a dark blue stripe down the center wich would hide the modification and also match the stripe on the boat. Do you feel this would work? Or am I wasting my time? Aren't tower bimmini's around $650-$700?
John,Fremont,NH
Bob's2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob's2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2006 at 12:36am
never tried to narrow one but the 2 I have had were put together with screws. One end of the bow slides inside the other. It would seem like it could be done, almost anything is doable if you put your mind to it. The tower biminis I have seen were at least that much and many were more, especially Sunbrella.
Bob Ed
83 2001
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic