Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Big block??

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
stonethrower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonethrower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big block??
    Posted: March-22-2006 at 9:11am
I bought a 1980 Southwind Bowrider last year for $1000. The only reason I did this is because it had a 454 OMC in it. All I wanted was the motor(thinking it was bad)for the block but when I inquired the seller about the boat he started the motor right up. It doesn'r smoke and runs like a top. I fell in love with the boat. I live in the Keys and use it on the ocean and 2-4 foot waves are no problem. My question is "Was the 454 an option from the factory or was it installed after the boat was purchased"? I noticed that most boats of the same make/model run 350's which have plenty of power for this size of boat. I have actually pulled the arms off of three skiers at the same time by accelerating too fast. lol(just kidding) Anyway, if you know any info on this setup please let me know! Thanks
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2006 at 10:09am
Stonethrower,

Welcome on board. Post some pics of that boat. We'd love to see it. 454s are not common, but it should be a factory option. BKH
Livin' the Dream

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2006 at 10:12am
factory installed most likely,
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 12:38pm
Wish my 63 had a big block!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 2:58pm
Pauls got a boat? what color is it?

Actually,If you had that BB ,you could have twice as many "seat ornaments"! Not a bad idea!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 4:59pm
Paul; Big block is not exactly what I think of when I piture your boat. Big, yeah, but not block.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic