Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New member and corect craft 1974

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Cheaterpete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheaterpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member and corect craft 1974
    Posted: March-23-2006 at 2:56am
Hello all

I'm from switzerland, Geneva, I own this boat from 8 years now, it's a ski nautique 1974, with OMC 350. chevy 350.
the original engine blow up 5 years ago, and I have rebuild a 350 from a camaro with nice heads (big valves, porting, roller rocker, big volume oil pump etc...)

I plan to build my own tower with stainless steel tubes.

here is pix of the new paint

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 4:00am
WELCOME to Correct Craft ownership and to this site. All I got to say is WOW!!! That is sweet! Great looking hull. Keep us informed and post some updated pics as you go.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 6:07am
Impressive. Just shows what you can do with a little vision. Never diss a boat as a lost cause just because it looks rough when you first come across it.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 6:38am
Looks good,black and red.Post more pictures
Scott
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 6:47am
Nice job Pete. Looking forward to seeing the progress pics as you continue to put her back together. BKH
Livin' the Dream

67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 7:09am
Yo pete,

Awesome so far, More pictures are a must when you get done with it! Welcome to the site.

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 7:45am
Pete's new slogan "From Bad to Rad"

Looking good , keep us posted
Atmspltr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atmspltr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 8:00am
Beautiful work...is it Immron?
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 7:13pm
     Welcome and nice job... Im all with what everyone else says.. Post the progress.
     I have never seen a 74 SN with a OMC 350 engine. My grandfather was going to buy a new 74 SN with the OMC 307 (225 hp) but ended up with the Mustang 17 with the same engine. Do you have pics of the old engine?? It has to be OMC model 250. Again, nice job and you will certainly enjoy this site!!
                                Jeff..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheaterpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 9:51pm
Thanks all!

I must put more pix!!! Hope I'm gonna find it!!
The original engine was a 250 OMC you right! but the engine was a 1350 chevy! for sure.

more pictures later

Peter
SMay81SN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMay81SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2006 at 7:09am
Welcome Pete and boat looks great so far!

Everybody check out Pete's web site link, He knows what hes doing when comes to Rad hot rods. I'm sure that 74SN will be a Rad hot rod to!
Scott
Our 94 SN
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2006 at 7:39pm
     CheaterPete, you are the first person I have ever seen with a 74 boat (or any) that have a OMC250. You are right that its a 350. I have the original OMC225/250 owners manual and have always dreamed of having one with the 350. You are lucky to have that as I have never seen one, or heard of one. Too bad you cant redo the original as you would be as lucky as winning the lottery for aving such a rare combination thats ORIGINAL!! AWESOME!!

Jeff..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheaterpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2006 at 11:47pm
Why is it rare?? reverse engine are not the good idea ! Why? what for? normal rotation work! why make something different when original engines works!????

I don't know if it is a rare build up, but it works like this.

Who knows where to buy the black rubber, the one you have to scrue on your boat all around to protect the border???

Thanks

More picture soon
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2006 at 5:29am
You can order it from WestMarine.com, or other marine sites. It's called rub rail. Some of the 74's had chrome rub rail, others had rope. My 74 Mustang 17 (see link below) has a rope rub rail. Good luck Pete. You're an inspiration!
My 1974 Mustang 17

TroopTrack
: The Best Scouting Software
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2006 at 7:20pm
    Having the OMC250 in a CC is in my opinion, like having a 427 tri-power in a Corvette! Just not many of them around with matching numbers where the "collectors" value goes up.
                                 Jeff..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheaterpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2006 at 10:41pm
How long do I need for the rub rail, does 40 Ft enough?
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2006 at 12:43am
I don't know - can't tell how long your boat is. On my Mustang 17, 40 feet would probably be enough, although I'd order 42 to be safe. The rub rail goes all around the edge where the deck piece and the hull come together (you probably already figured this out). I'd just measure along that and add a little bit. On my boat the rub rail "joins" back together in the middle of the stern.
My 1974 Mustang 17

TroopTrack
: The Best Scouting Software

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheaterpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2006 at 3:14pm
here is a picture of my engine.
350 chevy new pistons and rods stage 2.
High volume pumps..
New valves, dual springs., roller rocker
Full gasket matching and porting.
Corvette 327 valves covers
New rochester carb
pertronix electronic module

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2006 at 10:26pm
    That is a hot looking engine!!Awesome job!! Those OMC exhaust manifolds will make that moror sing some sweet tunes!!
                                 Jeff...
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2006 at 12:38am
Pete: Awesome boat, motor and web site. You guys over there know what you're doin'. Welcome to our site. You'll like it here!

jbear
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheaterpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2006 at 6:19am
here is old pics from 2002.

and a little movie

http://www.thecheatersgang.com/correct1.mpg
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2006 at 8:45pm
The audio on this movie gave me an erection. Can I say that here?
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2006 at 12:52am
    Not in a speedo please......
Maybe we need to rate these posts for you before hand.

Jeff...
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2006 at 1:58am
Well here it is only the 3rd of the month and we have speedos and erection in the same post. Actually tho Jim, me and mrs jbear put the '80 in the water on Friday for the first time in a couple of months and when I started her up on the ramp I had the same reaction. That sound is why we buy them.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2006 at 7:54pm
At least there's not a picture of your guys in a pink bikini. Amazing what computers and the imagination do to people.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic