Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Commander Manifolds

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
flipflop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flipflop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Commander Manifolds
    Posted: January-16-2014 at 11:51am
Looking for a set of stainless Commander Manifolds. Send me a message if anyone has some lying around.
speedboater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedboater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2014 at 8:19am
I have a set
CrazyCanuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2014 at 11:13pm
I need some too. My 78 has one commander one and one pcm one. looks bad.
works though...lol
Are they hard to find? Also what would the approx cost be?
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtW3vJrMHLdqBzndt9VX3oOpBuRopGlzKq9Ea7pAO7wnTuoD8E8g

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedboater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2014 at 4:42pm
want 500.oo plus shipping no elbows don't have them

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedboater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2014 at 6:06pm
I have a set no elbows asking 500.00 plus shipping
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2014 at 9:23pm
Corey,
Without elbows, you can't use the manifolds. They are going to be hard to find!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
CrazyCanuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2014 at 9:35pm
I guess I could just put pcm ones on that match. The only issue is they have a higher point for the rubber pipe to fit to, and the pipe is a bit short. Its hose clamped like crazy on my pcm side.....I dont want to have to get new pipes too.
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtW3vJrMHLdqBzndt9VX3oOpBuRopGlzKq9Ea7pAO7wnTuoD8E8g
scootdogydog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scootdogydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2014 at 9:39pm
500 sure is a high asking price, even if the elbows were there. I think with a little patience, you can get them for less than that.
1999 Python
1980 Ski Tique
1968 Mustang WIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedboater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 6:17am
there is set on ebay right now for 700.00 without elbows

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedboater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 6:21am
if I had the elbows , I would use them myself
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 7:51am
The set on eBay has been listed for a year... No ones paying that kind of money for 30 year old used manifolds (minus the elbows). $250-300 would be about the going rate if they were complete.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedboater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 4:40pm
lets see what you would pay for a set of stainless manifolds

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedboater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 5:12pm
you know I work at foundery I will just mold elbows myself , stainless cost money that's all you guys trying to get them for nouthing
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 5:14pm
There is a pair of NOS Holman Moody manifolds with the transom exit risers on ebay right now starting at 995 with no bids yet,I paid 180 for a good used set on there.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedboater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 5:15pm
and there is not to many ford parts out there
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 5:36pm
There aren't a lot of people (outside of this forum especially) looking for old ford marine parts either!

No one is trying to scam you, market prices are set by supply and demand. Prices aren't driven up by low supply if demand is proportionally as low (or lower). If you don't believe us, you can list them on eBay where your exposure will be several magnitudes greater than this site. You can come back to us in a year when they haven't sold.

Check the for sale section and see what ford logs go for. Donzi guys drive up the prices on the HM stuff a bit, but everything else is in the $100-300 range. I have a a set of Edelbrocks in the basement that I acquired for that price a few years ago... I have sold 2 sets (one edelbrock, one commander) in that price range in the last year or so as well. I wish you were right, as I'd be sitting on a gold mine but it just ain't so.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2014 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by speedboater speedboater wrote:

you know I work at foundery I will just mold elbows myself , stainless cost money that's all you guys trying to get them for nouthing
Lost wax???

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2014 at 11:30am
Good luck with the core. I'm short a set of elbows too so let me know if you get these made.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2014 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Good luck with the core.

John,
How big are you going to make the holes from the water jacket to the exhaust? They are sized to have some restriction to hold water in the manifolds!!! Do you know where to place them?? How are your pattern making skills?

How come your profile says you are a crane operator and you say you also work in a foundry?? Holding 2 jobs is great if you can do it!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2014 at 12:43am
Columbus Castings. America's largest steel foundry. Lots of cranes...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedboater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2014 at 8:00am
I work at Columbus Steel Castings, that's where I am a crane opp
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2014 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by speedboater speedboater wrote:

I work at Columbus Steel Castings, that's where I am a crane opp

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

John,
How big are you going to make the holes from the water jacket to the exhaust? They are sized to have some restriction to hold water in the manifolds!!! Do you know where to place them?? How are your pattern making skills?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2014 at 10:54am
I might have a complete set with elbows. I will check.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedboater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2014 at 9:16am
if you do how much email johnlamer@yahoo.com or call 614 372 4377
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2016 at 6:30pm
Columbus Castings warns employees of potential closing

Hurry up and get those elbows poured!
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 1:53am
I have a set of aluminum ones complete with elbows.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic