NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

62 classic motor cover

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 62 classic motor cover
    Posted: April-07-2006 at 3:07pm
Finaly done with the dog house and custom base for clearance for new intake and carb. Here you go stang and wood.

1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2006 at 3:22pm
Paul is that base fiberglass? nice, clean very good. Noticed you have the automotive version of the coil I use and where did you pick-up the exhaust hose clamp?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2006 at 4:08pm

Its wood covered with fiberglass, those coils are nice huh.... The hose clamps are from home depot, I got them out of the plumbing section. They work really well!
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2006 at 5:25pm
Its a thing of beauty and a joy to behold, was that trim as pretty as that when you got it or do you have a source for it?
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2006 at 6:11pm
Very nice job!!

My Buddy Wally did a similar deal,same box on like a 64 Mustang.He carpeted his real nice when he redid his boat.

Also love the 312,I have one in a 61 Arena craft.Mine looked very silimar 20 years ago when it got redone, but with the 2 side drafts of course.

Looks real cool

Cya Munday
trikeaholic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trikeaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2006 at 6:38pm
Munday, I want to see pics of the arenacraft! I tried to buy a basket case arenacraft but could never close the deal. Best looking boat I ever saw. also had a 312 with really cool fins, I wish I could find it again. the other day I snooped around the house where it used to sit and it was gone.
1980 Ski Nautique
Ithaca NY
My Boat
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2006 at 7:14pm
Paul, Great work. Engine looks nice too. You paint that or have it done? Text on manifolds caught my eye, particularly. Ok, stupid question: why the 67 in your moniker, but a 63 boat. Just curious. Did I miss that explanation a long time ago?
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2006 at 8:04pm
Paul. looks great. Nice detail on the engine. Looks like I may have to pull mine next winter just so I can detail it up.

Now I know why you're always wearing sunglasses....you're gettin blinded by the bling.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2006 at 4:01am
Paul,

All I can say is NICEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2006 at 4:24am
Paul...Man that looks awsome...I can't wait to see that boat in person! Damn I want one of those motor covers!
Whats the wood on the interior?

Hey...got all the engine parts back on the 62...except I need the timing cover front seal..know where I can get one? I'm close to done!

Thanks
GH
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2006 at 12:38pm
Paul

great job! very clean look..and that trim really sets it off.
Scott
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2006 at 7:32pm
Paul: AWESOME job! Wanna do my motor? Seriously, great job. Boat looks awesome even without the stern adornments.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2006 at 12:23pm
Thanks all!!

JoeinNY....The trim i got at oRielly auto parts its actually car trim. I thought it looked pretty good and sets off the red and white, plus my guages are black.

75, Yes i did all the work to the motor and painting on the boat, I love doing that kinda resto work. Oh and to answer your question about the 67 in 67nautique312...When i first signed on i just got my boat and didn't know much about it! The t*tle on the boat said it was a 67 (Obviously its wrong) So i used 67 instead of 63 for my sign.(PC-146)hull #

Stang, The wood on the interior? What do ya mean?

Munday, Mine used to have the side drafts on it but i could never get enough power out of them or get them adjusted right so i put the blue thunder intake on it an man its awesome!!
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2006 at 12:48pm
Paul,

I know how you feel. I was told mine was a 75, even said so on the registration, only to find out later there is no such thing as a 75 Ski Tique. I still have some rationale for being "75 Tique" tho because the boat was built in December 75. Again, nice work. I wish my paint had a shine like yours.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2006 at 1:12pm
Sorry...the word! hows it comming!
stang

The Super Air

Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2006 at 1:24pm
Paul,
Looks Kick ass !! Remember, you promised me that beauty for the park display on Friday Night. !!!

Fantastic......
Moj'
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2006 at 5:38pm
Stang, .... Ok i got ya now!! Well give me a couple of weeks and i'll shoot all of ya the pics. of the project finished.

Moj,...... I hope after its finished it will at least not get laughed at next to all you guys boat's. Its not perfect by any means!! But i kinda like it and its alot of fun. Its gonna be in the 70's and up to 80 this week Summer is almost here!!

75, I'll bet yours looks better than mine up close!! The torque of the boat has surfaced a few spider cracks! Oh well i guess i can always redo it later when it gets bad! Its just a toy right?
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2006 at 5:42pm
Hey jbear,

Almost forgot to respond to ya..... pack that motor up in your suitcase and bring it out to green lake and we'll have a little show and tell on rebuilding and painting an inboard motor...Whata ya think
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2006 at 9:17pm
Paul; The '80 is gonna be on Norris lake at that time for our annual ski club trip. forty C/C's and a hundred members of our ski club from Ohio. Been meeting there for about 35 years same time in July. Awesome time. If I get to head north to see ya guys mrs.jbear will kill me if I disable her boat. Thanks for the offer tho. Wish I could take ya up on it as there is not much chance of my motor ever lookin' like that due to my lack of skills.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2006 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by 67nautique312 67nautique312 wrote:

Stang, ....
Moj,...... I hope after its finished it will at least not get laughed at next to all you guys boat's. Its not perfect by any means!! always redo it later when it gets bad! Its just a toy right?

Yeah, it's a nice red toy that gets a lot of "action".... cracks, schmacks,... looking forward to seeing it in the park in all it's glory !!!

Moj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2006 at 9:58am
here are some with it in the boat.

Here are the pics of the carpet i put in mine, Hope it helps.
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2006 at 10:54am
Man...that thing looks amazing!Good spot for the speakers too...I gotta find one of those covers.
stang

The Super Air

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2006 at 11:11am
Paul,
I can hardly wait to see your ride in person! The boat is awesome looking!!

As of now Im going to use a grey carpet... still waiting to here from the upholstery guy about starting on the new red interior... it still may be blue when we go to GL...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic