NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake Lanier Mini Memroial Day weekend

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2014 at 1:11pm
Moorfoot will be with me at Shoal Creek in the morning. Why not just meet there if it gets crowded we can move on.
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2014 at 10:54pm
I think we'll be on Oconee, but if plans change maybe I'll make a last minute course correction. I've moved onto yet another crappy flip phone and lost what I had again so.....

Jim and Tim: please pm me your cell numbers again, as perhaps I may be a last minute hitchhiker.

At the very least, West Point is a whole lot easier, so maybe I can beg a seat or two at the upcoming DeenFest.

1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2014 at 11:06pm
Jeff, just texted you my cell number!

Sebastian, Shoal Creek is the cove on the left (port side) if you come out of Lazy Days Marina past Holiday. Go under the Lanier Islands Bridge first cove on the left. That is where we will meet up Saturday morning.
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2014 at 12:00am
We will be there some time Saturday morning. What is the best place to put in to meet up with everyone?
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2014 at 12:03am
Got it.
As I said before, I got some things to take care of and will be on the water at 1 pm, well rested for some watersports and the cove later on.
I texted Bud (cboland) and Mike (former Marine Max/CC Martinique) and informed them of the plan...
See ya'll out there
1994 Sport Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2014 at 9:58am
cphase, there are several ramps that are convenient to that area of the lake. The closest would be Shoal Creek ramp off Shadburn Ferry Rd (Off Buford Dam Rd-Buford side of the lake). Also, Big Creek ramp off Holiday Rd (now called Lanier Islands Parkway...I think). You could do Lake Lanier Islands ramp, but you have to pay car entrance fee and probably ramp fee as well. We are putting in at Bald Ridge Marina, on the Cumming side (where you put in last year) and drive across. See you Saturday!
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2014 at 12:19am
Thanks for the info Jim. I believe we are going to put in at Bald Ridge and try and find everyone from there, seemed like a good place the last time we put in.
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2014 at 10:09am
Jeff, going to PM you my cell number.
You bringing some of that "pickle juice" with you tomorrow?
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2014 at 10:56am
I'll be heading to Mike's house later this morning so we'll be on the lake later this afternoon weather permitting. Tamara will be coming with me along with her BFF aka Daughter #3. See y'all soon. Jeff will text you my phone # AGAIN. Geez man, time to lose the flipper and move on with technology.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2014 at 11:22am
Originally posted by jimsport93 jimsport93 wrote:

Jeff, going to PM you my cell number.
You bringing some of that "pickle juice" with you tomorrow?

Got it Jim, thanks. And yes on the "juice".
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2014 at 11:45pm
Sorry to miss out but we'll be on Oconee tomorrow for sure.

Have fun and maybe we'll catch up with some of you at West Point.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2014 at 10:59am
Couldn't sleep and got up early...I'm exited to see ya'll again out on the lake...(feel like a teenager )

Oh wait...did not sleep that well for a while now... Guess I'm just old
Anyway see ya'll soon
1994 Sport Nautique
tjca77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjca77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2014 at 1:14pm
You all still at shoal creek?
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2014 at 1:22pm
all are on the east side of the dam.
PM me your number
1994 Sport Nautique
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2014 at 11:34am
Good times yesterday

1994 Sport Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2014 at 11:37am
Yes, it was a great day yesterday. Thank you Sebastian!
Salty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2014 at 1:32pm
How about some more photos!!!   

Sorry I missed this - considered pulling the 206 out of the lake and heading down there but unfortunately am up at Lake Nottely for the holiday week-end.

Been way too long since I have seen you guys!!
Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4
2008 Ski Nautique 206 w/Factory Tower, EX343 SOLD
1978 Southwind 18 w/GM305, upgraded 4 barrel intake & carb, all original - vinyl & carpet, etc.

[URL=http://s328.photobucket.com
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2014 at 1:54pm
Dave, Tim and I were talking about you yesterday. Hope all is well. Would love to see you and the family. Will have to raft up sometime soon!
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2014 at 2:21pm
My 1st run with a GoPro. No editing. Wakeskating behind Tim's beauty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oieHevCg34Q&feature=youtu.be
1994 Sport Nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2014 at 9:45pm
Wow.....Dave Salter Ladies and Gentlemen...Back from the grave..... You musta felt your ears burning Salty as they were a blaze. Yes, sir need to drag Nancy and the guys down for a day would love to see y'all. Bring Clarkebar with you as he piped up awhile back.

Good times guys for sure. Much needed CCFan therapy was fulfilled!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
cboland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cboland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2014 at 11:45pm
I had a great time hanging out yesterday. Always good to see old faces and meet new ones. Cool video, Sebastian. Let's do it again soon!
Bud

1999 Sport Nautique
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2014 at 12:44pm
Sebastian, cool video, try using a knuckles up both hands grip on that handle, pretty much what you want to use for just about everything except slalom. Grip in the video is by today's standards a left foot forward slalom grip.

Nice water too, we had strong winds and whitecaps here most of the weekend.
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2014 at 1:16pm
Quinner, thanks for the hint! I'll make sure to try it when out later this week
1994 Sport Nautique
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2015 at 4:08pm
So gents, temps are up, boat is waxed, fcc filter change, fluids done, cleaned and after the time at WBC I'll need liquid therapy again asap.
So should we start planing a CCF Lake Lanier Mini again around memorial day?
1994 Sport Nautique
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2015 at 4:57pm
Many of us typically go to the Masters at Callaway memorial day weekend, and dontcha think Lanier might be just a weeee bit busy that weekend?

I've historically always been a hitchhiker as I'm just too plain lazy to go from Peachtree City to oconee to get my boat and then drag it to Lanier, and then return it to oconee. However I've got a friend in PTC with a 79SN, maybe I'll talk him into it once a firm date is established.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2015 at 5:49pm
We had the same discussion last year and it tirned out fine.
1994 Sport Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2015 at 10:51pm
Going to be a "maybe" for me at the moment.
Have an invite to Lake Burton for Memorial Day weekend.
I do need to get my boat off the trailer for a couple weeks in order to mitigate rust under the bunks and replace carpet and bunks.
Can leave the boat on a lift in a boat house at Burton for a couple of weeks while the trailer is repaired.
So, thinking of doing it Memorial Day weekend. Sure would prefer to be with my CCFan buds at Lanier though!
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2015 at 6:55am
This one will be at the Masters along with Jackie , Jeffro and probably a few others.
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2015 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

This one will be at the Masters along with Jackie , Jeffro and probably a few others.

We should be there TimBob!!
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic