Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Air vent hoses, 86 Martinique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mandovoodoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandovoodoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air vent hoses, 86 Martinique
    Posted: April-16-2006 at 11:16am
Greetings. Figuring out my new old boat.

Right below the windshield are two air vents. These pass into the storage areas below the dash, accessible from louvered doors in the companionway forward to the bowriding area.

Inside the compartment these vents go to short lengths of light flexible pipe. Then they end. At the far reaches of each compartment are two identical pipes that start at the top of the storage compartments and pass down to ventilate the bilges.

Question: Were these pipes originally connected so that ventilation air went directly into the bilges, or is the configuration I describe above the stock setup?

Concern: Water passing through the vents now drops directly into the storage areas, wetting everything.

Thanks for any information. We're enjoying the boat.
www.mandovoodoo.com
mandolin research
1986 Martinique, TN
Martinique87 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martinique87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2006 at 9:18am
Mandovoodoo,

In my 87 the the forward vent boxes are connected to the vertical pipes in the storage compartment and they do run into the bilge . Mine are not plumbed directly to the blower, I assume their function is to bring fresh air into the bilge.

BTW, if you ever need to located your horn, try looking inside the vent box on the portside. Thats where mine is.

Tim
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2006 at 9:18am
Not familiar with the Martinue...but my mustang and nautique both have two three inch vent blower hoses running from the bow scoops (vents)through the floor and to the bilge...for air flow. I would think yours should be for that reason too!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic