NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

79 SN $3500

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 79 SN $3500
    Posted: April-16-2006 at 11:58am
Guys, Saw this 79 nautique for $3500 on Craigslist. It has the low boy trailer with the fiberglass ferring. Located near San Jose. BKH

http://www.craigslist.org/sby/boa/151408567.html
Livin' the Dream

scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2006 at 10:51am
Brian,

I think it was you that was talking about older Correct Crafts on the East side of the country. What Ive noticed is that when an older Correct Craft is for sale in California, the sale price is usually pretty low compared to East coast prices. That probably goes back to that discussion we all had that people in California seem to like newer vs. older or new technology vs. old technology. Maybe because East coast has old money and West coast has new money!
Scott
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2006 at 11:23am
Yea Scott, I was the guy that started that thread. You're right, It does seem that when you find an older CC out here, it is reasonably priced. Probably lots of things going on. A few that come to mind:

CA is a society of "new."

Majority of folks here aren't that handy, would rather pay someone else.

If you are paying someone else, it's expensive. The upholstery job on this 79 would probably be at least $3000.

Most people don't have the garage or barn space to take on a project.

Typically, our weather is nice in the winter as well. Folks don't have that tradition of the "winter project."

I'm sure there are lots of others. Good news is, there are deals out here, and I'll keep posting when I see them. BKH
Livin' the Dream

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2006 at 11:40am
BRian, If that boat was closer I'd buy it just to swap trailers and then sell it off again.

I'll find one within a days drive sooner or later.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2006 at 11:43am
Alan,

Wish I had the time to buy it and hold it for you. A lot on the plate this week, and don't think I'll have time. BKH
Livin' the Dream

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2006 at 1:11pm
BKH,

Thanks for the thought but that would be a lot to ask, Although if were meant to be you could trailer it to Green lake, run it for the weekend and I'd take it home.

Wait a minute, that sound you just heard was my wife smacking me on the back of the head talking about another boat.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2006 at 1:31pm
bwahahahahaha,,, I heard it clear over here Alan !!!!

Nice boat for $3500...

Moj'
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2006 at 7:52pm
Yea..I wouldn't mind having it , if it wasn't a 4000+ mile round trip.
Scott
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2006 at 8:00pm
Now Scott, aren't you the semi-retired guy?
BKH
Livin' the Dream

scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2006 at 8:11pm
Semi-retired...I work more at home now,than I ever did when I had a Job. Anyway..the good deal wouldn't be so good after paying for the 4000 mile trip with all the expenses. That is a good price for someone local though.
Scott
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic