Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

coaming pad attachment??

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
klinger_2003 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinger_2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: coaming pad attachment??
    Posted: April-18-2006 at 11:32pm
I have an 85 SN 2001, and the coaming pads( the pads that run down the side of the boat) like to try and partially fall off.. What they use are similiar to what is used to hold most auto door panels on, except that both sides are the angled threads so to say. I am sure you guys know what im talking about, they are real hard to describe in words, but anyway, i cant find them anywhere, and dont know how else to hold these on. Is there a place to get them from, or are you using something different to hold them on?? Thank you to anyone!!!

Kevin
Sky up, water down, or complete the rotation!!

-1985 Ski Natique 2001
Atmspltr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atmspltr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2006 at 10:02am
Advance Auto or Pep Boys has a wide assortment of them. They are plastic and just push in, correct?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinger_2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2006 at 12:14pm
Yes, plastic and push in, but they are like that on both sides.. I have looked at most of those places, and all the ones they have push in on one side, and the other side has on oblonged piece on it so you can put it in a slotted hole and give it a 1/4 turn and it will stay put....

-1985 Ski Natique 2001
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2006 at 12:27pm
I bought some of this at Overtons for mine. I'll try it soon. Not exactly what you're looking for, but it looks good.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/overtons/detail/pdetail2.cgi?r=detail_view&item_num=27341&fcat=2Y6

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinger_2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2006 at 4:22pm
I wonder if i could stick a bolt head in the hole that is already there, adn then use apoxy like listed above, or something else to hold it in place, and then put a nut on the back side??? Any thoughts??

-1985 Ski Natique 2001
marks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2006 at 4:23pm
klinger_2003,

What you are looking for is called a double ended christmas tree clip. The difficulty is finding someone that will sell you less than 15000 of them. You might try calling local upholstery shops that do marine work.

http://www.itw-fastex.com/catalog/015.php

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinger_2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2006 at 1:06am
That is what i am looking for.. Glad somebody has a name for it!! LOL.. Well i will try calling some upolstery shops and hope i can find some... That would make it much easier!!! Thanx for the help

Kevin

-1985 Ski Natique 2001
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic