NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'86 Ski Nautique 2001 Surf Gate

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
Author
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2016 at 4:06pm
I don't surf but I have a Harbor Freight store near my house so I built one for about $7 just for the heck of it. I haven't tried it yet but my plan is to see how fast you can go without it falling off. Maybe it can work for wakeboarding as well or some version of it. You can attach a rope to it for when it falls off. The $500 model comes with nice cord with a clip at the end.

Mission Delta Wake Panel
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2016 at 7:34pm
Someone has made a version of the suck gate for $275. Might be worth giving it a try.
96 Super Sport
Previously: 95 Sport Nautique, 1980 Ski Supreme
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2016 at 7:42pm
They are easy to make once you have the suction handle.

Suck Gate DIY
s_kelley2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s_kelley2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2016 at 1:46pm
yes, they are extremely easy to make. spring for the aluminum handle over the plastic one on Amazon. All you need to know is on that PN thread linked above. I have less than $45 in mine and it works great. I don't surf often but it's great to be able to go directly from my wakeboarding setup to surfing without changing up my ballast. The wave is MUCH better and no more driving a listed boat.
1999 Python Super Sport
geecee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geecee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2016 at 10:41am
anyone try this on a sn2001
1983 Ski Nautique '2001'
-Chev 350 Mercruiser
-Custom Wake Tower
-Custom Interior
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2016 at 9:42pm
My goal for next year!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
geecee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geecee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2016 at 6:18am
I need to get ballast, but its expensive here in South Africa.
Locally one 540lbs bag is about $350
from the states I can get for around $70 -200 but then shipping is another $200 :/

Lose lose,

I have reached out to guys that do air tight PVC pontoons for boats to see if they can quote on some custom bags, might be my best option at this point.

1983 Ski Nautique '2001'
-Chev 350 Mercruiser
-Custom Wake Tower
-Custom Interior
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2016 at 8:25am
Originally posted by s_kelley2000 s_kelley2000 wrote:

yes, they are extremely easy to make. spring for the aluminum handle over the plastic one on Amazon. All you need to know is on that PN thread linked above. I have less than $45 in mine and it works great. I don't surf often but it's great to be able to go directly from my wakeboarding setup to surfing without changing up my ballast. The wave is MUCH better and no more driving a listed boat.

Can you post a pic of yours and where you got the materials? 180+ page thread is a ton of reading. I see the different versions in the thread, just curious as to which way you went with yours.
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Ian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2018 at 5:02am
Thaddeus, Ringer, BoarderDad, are y'all still surfing 2001's?
Thaddeus116 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaddeus116 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2018 at 1:33pm
We're still surfing ours! It's nothing like the new boats but it works!
86 Ski Nautique 2001
ACME 542
PCM 351
Ian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2018 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Thaddeus116 Thaddeus116 wrote:

We're still surfing ours! It's nothing like the new boats but it works!

Yeah, but I like the old boats (love the 2001), and it's just like my older trucks, easy to work on, and more reliable.

What wake shaper are you using now? I just had to replace the 454 in my 2001 and waiting on the distributor to get delivered, so I haven't been out yet this season.
'85 2001 454
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2018 at 9:55am
I have a Suck Gate for sale if anyone is interested.... Cheap.

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2018 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

I have a Suck Gate for sale if anyone is interested.... Cheap.

Moj'

Dave,

I'm not surprised you have it for sale. The waves on GL are big enough that you don't need it for surfing!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
  Share Topic