NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Clock Wiring

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
leetudor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leetudor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clock Wiring
    Posted: September-14-2014 at 8:31pm
I did a search but found no results. Has any one wired the clock straight so you do not have to set it every time you use the boat? I did that to my the auto wire of the bilge pump so it would truly be automatic.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2014 at 11:42am
It should be pretty easy to do.

What year boat do you have?
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2014 at 12:02pm
you could always just leave the ignition breaker on, but the drain on the battery from leaving the clock running 24/7 will take it's toll if the boat is left sitting for longs periods of time.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
leetudor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leetudor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2014 at 8:28pm
I have an 1987 Ski Nautique 2001 and use it 4 to 5 times a week. I was going to unhook the power wire from the back of the clock and run a new wire to the battery.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2014 at 9:26pm
Personally I think having a clock is just as bad as pulling a tube
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
leetudor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leetudor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2014 at 11:12pm
I like them both.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2014 at 1:18am
It is pretty funny that they provide you with a clock that is pretty much doomed to never be accurate.

Just don't hard wire your engine hour meter
boardersdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boardersdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2014 at 4:50am
Maybe I'll develop a clock with a colorful tube outer ring, a wakeboard-shaped hour hand and a slalom ski-shape minute hand. Add the CC logo and everyone on here will buy it, right? Hmm, how to work a wake surfboard into the design...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic