NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SJRR 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 789
Author
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2015 at 11:26am
It sure did, Andy! Thanks again for finding that solution!

Tim's minion tape made it down to Nautiques of Orlando, Ramlin and then the Kissimmee area where it ended up getting a proper fix with new seal. Cost just under $100 to fix and the RV place was nice enough to store the unit for a week while dad and I were in AZ.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2015 at 11:54am
Well things have finally started to settle down round here at Footies place so I'm finally getting around to putting up pics from this years SJRR. It was great Vacation for me as it included a trip with Reid & Gary U to the Fla Keys which was awesome trip. I felt like I was living the life that Kenny and Jimmy write about. As with any CCFan Mini it's always an adventure and one that I always look forward to as there is no telling what's in store as something is always bound to happen. Murphy's Law is always around the corner with this group of misfits and this years SJRR was no exception.

A BIG, HUGE, thanks to Jerry Smith, and Dave Hendricks. The food that those guys brought fed the masses in attendance. We more food than Fans and Jerry stepped up and cooked the chicken (on Part 2) he brought on campfire grill as those of us who went to the Dora Boat show Via water were getting back late.

AS always the water & weather was fantastic, the boats were running and Fans were even better. Due to conflicts of Fans schedules we had a part I & II this year but next year a Saint Johns River Ruckus will be had on ONE weekend that works for 90% of EVERYONE! If you missed this years Ruckus you missed a good one as the waters of Lake George were the best we've seen in 5 years. Pics tell the story so sorry for the long delay in posting but it was worth the wait.....

Thanks CCFans for great River Ruckus!

3 'Classic's' in a 62 Classic!

Hit the Essex for some fried Seafood and I found Another one!

Here's the Proof!

Chris taking a run.

Mars Family

Adam with the Kostas Clan heading for 'The Glen'

Jackie & "Friend"

When we got back to Paramores Sat night Mike had somehow locked both sets of Keys in the Motor coach so add breaking into a motor coach of Foot's roadside assistance to my resume'.

Everyone should have there Minions with them. Thanks guys!

While Chris and I were breaking in the RV Reid manned the grill!

Cruising on Sunday!

MORE PICS TO COME!!!!!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2015 at 12:50pm
That Morfoot knows how to document with pics. Thanks TimBob.
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2015 at 3:38pm
Yea Jackie, and what great pics they are
Thank you Tim!
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2015 at 4:35pm
So Reid, Gary and I went to see Gary S in Key Largo after Part 1 was over and then continued our journey to Geiger Key which is Reids normal Keys hangout when he and Laurie head there. We had a great time and the best way to describe it and Key West is it's a tropical New Orleans French Quarter only cleaner and less smelly.

Gary took us out in the Shamrock and we came across the African Queen.

Then we found Quinners Boat!

Then we found Martys Boat

Cruising down the Canals we found what's left of the Love Boat

Then we found Quinners other boat.......

Off to Geiger Key where we got the RV set up and had to put up with this guy with a bunch of his friends....

....but it was WORTH IT!

Dropped in Garys Shrimptique for some exploring and living the dream.

Found this Sandfish catching some rays too!

Decided it was time for a scenery change so we moved around to another sand bar for a few more cold ones!

Then it was back to the RV were Junior hooked up with some of his flyboy buds.

Then one last sunset at the Campground/Marina bar and headed back to Astor in the morning for Part II.

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2015 at 7:22pm
Very nice pics, sorry we missed part 2. But me and the wife had a blast at our friends wedding on Grand Turk Island cruise.. I know what you mean about the life, great time we had with friends. !! Sometimes you just don't want the day to end ....
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2015 at 11:34am
So for Part II (aka originally scheduled SJRR) of River Run it rained most of the day on Friday so we hung out round the camper and learned more CC history from Art who came up to hang with us for the afternoon.

Rodney made the trip down for the 2nd weekend with his new gal and said that he had done some map searching and found a way to get to the Boat Show Via water without trailering the boats to Lake Dora. He said it was about a 15 mile ride towards Ocala and we launch boats just south of a lock but that we did have to go thru another one. Sounded good to all of us so we headed out Sat morning for a 51 mile round trip thru middle Fla via water way. What a absolute gorgeous trip.

Egrets/Cranes nested together as families???????

Entering in the Lock.

Heading across Lake Dora to the Dora Canal.....

Started walking the docks looking at Woody's when Joe C and Ellen drive up in there 51(?) Chris Craft.

Some of the boats on shore......

All wood hydrofoil

This GARWOOD was one of two that were there that were over 45 ft. One was 48 and the other a 52 footer. I think this was the 52 footer...What a work of art and pretty to see on the water but what the &^%$ do you do with it if it ain't at a boat show????

Back the other way......

So Sunday we decide to head to De Leon Springs on another adventure which the first half was another great trip. Reid picked up Woody and his girlfriend for a day with the guys which he told me later he was very thankful that we called him and asked him to hang with us. It was good seeing and catching up with him. That call made his weekend I believe.....The return trip home wasn't so grand as Reid hit something early in the return trip and not only mangled his prop but lost his rudder too. Luckily we traveled in a group and Kurtis was there to tow him back. I found out that the 72' doesn't have quite the range on 3/4 of a tank as the 88 and 1/8 of a tank means you're empty. I ran out of fuel half way back and Gary towed me the rest of the way.... As always we made the best of it.

What you do if you have a stick steer boat in front of the engine cover!

My view for half the ride home....Doh!

The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2015 at 2:00pm
Nice looking boats.
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2015 at 5:27pm
Nice pics. Hate I missed all the fun!
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 789
  Share Topic