Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pylon Removal

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
boeing777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boeing777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pylon Removal
    Posted: May-01-2006 at 8:01pm
I am having trouble trying to remove the ski pylon from 1979 Ski Nautique. Can anybody give me some suggestions and or shortcuts. After loosening the u-bolts underneath and removing the upper plate bolts it almost feels like it is fibreglassed in. Is this normal? There does not appear to be any play whatsoever! Does the vertical bolt from the hull secure it?
boeing773
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2006 at 9:26am
None of my boats had/has the u-bolts, but I believe they all have the steel cup glassed into the hull (with steel pin in bottom of pylon). So, the steel pin/cup has probably corroded and are stuck together. Try hitting the bottom of the pylon with a 2lb hammer and see if it breaks loose. Penetrating oil will help IF you can get on the pieces in question.
88skisupreme View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 88skisupreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2006 at 11:51am
if the pylon has started to splinter its probably stuck and you have to take off the whole bracket that holds it between the stringers. my boat is like that.
boeing777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boeing777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2006 at 6:33pm
Thanks for the info gents, I'll let you know how successful the job was very soon....
boeing773
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2006 at 10:33pm
My only advice is banging usually works better than pulling.
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic