NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

White Lake Mini 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2015 at 11:22am
We got back this morning at 4AM. What an excellent time. It was great to see everyone. The weather was really nice and the water was warm. A big thanks to White Lake Marina, Carl, Townsend and everyone else there that hosted us. Thanks to the campground for letting us take over the motel. That place is perfect for a reunion. Marty and Dave, I'm sorry I didn't get to say goodbye, but thanks for being there. It was good to see you. You too, Greg and Kristen!
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2015 at 12:05pm
Great pictures Dan - thanks for capturing the weekend.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2015 at 12:46pm
Looks like a good time as always.

What's up with the 81, get towed in? And are you guys still having trouble with the trailer actuator?
DHart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2015 at 12:49pm
What a way to kick off the boating/ski season! Thank you to White Lake Marine and all the CCFans for another great event. Nice job getting pictures and videos up Greg and Dan - I think that is record.

Looking forward to skiing with you guys soon.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2015 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

What's up with the 81, get towed in? And are you guys still having trouble with the trailer actuator?

Hard to know the cause for sure at this point (likely a short to ground) - but the result was an overload on the 10G hot wires going from the alt to the dash and back to the engine/bat cable. No main breaker on that engine setup so the wiring harnesses were a complete loss. Luckily there was a wrench handy to unhook the battery quick enough to avoid requiring the use of a fire extinguisher. New harnesses were delivered from PCM by Mark S. on Friday night, so she will soon be back in the game.

As for the coupler... no harm no foul.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2015 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Hard to know the cause for sure at this point (likely a short to ground) - but the result was an overload on the 10G hot wires going from the alt to the dash and back to the engine/bat cable. No main breaker on that engine setup so the wiring harnesses were a complete loss. Luckily there was a wrench handy to unhook the battery quick enough to avoid requiring the use of a fire extinguisher. New harnesses were delivered from PCM by Mark S. on Friday night, so she will soon be back in the game.

As for the coupler... no harm no foul.

Quick action for sure, could have been much worse. So does the breaker at the rear of the engine not protect this scenario or are you saying there isn't one there. Removed when the engine was replaced maybe?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2015 at 1:36pm

Quick action for sure, could have been much worse. So does the breaker at the rear of the engine not protect this scenario or are you saying there isn't one there. Removed when the engine was replaced maybe?

That engine, and many others used by some of us on this site did not come with a "main" engine breaker, when different marinizers added them seems to vary a bit. It would have likely at least greatly limited the severity of the problem. They are going to add a breaker when replacing the harnesses. Something for the rest of us to give some thought to as well. Also a great time of the year to check those fire extinguishers.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2015 at 2:17pm

Something for the rest of us to give some thought to as well.

I was thinking about that after we were talking about their boat. None of our old boats have a breaker and 2/3 have the original wiring. On top of that, they all have amp meters which may make it worse as all the power runs up to the ignition? What's involved in adding a main breaker.?
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2015 at 3:13pm

Also a great time of the year to check those fire extinguishers.

BEFORE you launch the boat for the FIRST time of the year you should check ALL safety equipment. Those of you who are required to carry flares make sure those are in date. I checked both extinguishers in my boats and found one that wasn't in the green band.

Let's hope that this is the ONLY incident we members have as a group. Could have been alot worse than it was. SAFETY checks guys....Be careful out there..

Looks like I missed another good WLM..... I'll get back there one of these days.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2015 at 10:08pm
Dan, just requested access to your google photo acct. Thanks
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2015 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

On top of that, they all have amp meters which may make it worse as all the power runs up to the ignition? What's involved in adding a main breaker.?

I do think the amp meter setup is a bit more risk myself... The toughest part of adding a breaker is finding a good way to mount it securely, after that you don't need much more than three ring terminals and a small 10G jumper wire. The breakers aren't so cheap - but as a boat owner you should be used to it.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2015 at 10:30pm
I had a great time bumming rides at White Lake this year, great people makes for great times. Thanks to White Lake Marine for showing us a great time. Thanks to everyone else for the rides and the great food! Hope to see ya all again soon.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2015 at 8:55am
[QUOTE=herrlin] Once again I had a great time at White Lake! Thank you to everyone who help organize such a fun event and to everyone who came out to make the event so much fun. The following is a link to photos and some video that I captured.

https://plus.google.com/photos/104241788317847274874/albums/6139683163300858913?authkey=CLbo84_BmNaxJQ

Chill
-Dan

Dan
Just requested permission to view the photo's
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
herrlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herrlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2015 at 9:19am
All

I accidentally restricted photo access last night. I have changed it back so that the original link should work. Meaning, you should only need to follow the link to view and download the photos, no other access permission is required. If you have any additional trouble let me know.

-Dan
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2015 at 10:43am
We rolled back into CT a few min before 2am yesterday... I am just starting to recover.

Other than the rain sat AM that prevented our normal early morning skiing, what a great weekend. Thanks to WLM for their hospitality! Marty and crew as well for all the work they do, thanks guys. Hope to see a bunch of you at GL in a few months.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2015 at 4:30pm
Sorry for the video-- But some of us aren't current with all the GoPro's and fancy video equipment. Just a cheap Samsung Camera taking video and pics. Might be a little loud in spots- but can't help how the Skylark sounds

Here's a teaser....

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2015 at 5:14pm
Marty !!! Funny thing,, Your boat sounds just like the WIND !!!
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

scootdogydog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scootdogydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2015 at 6:10pm
What an awesome time! It was great seeing everyone I already knew, and meeting those that I didn't -- best group ever, and everyone is always willing to lend a hand when needed. WLM and everyone else who played a part in the organization did a fantastic job, and it's nice be skiing while the boats are still winterized in my garage!

Thanks to everyone who organized it, and everyone who made it a such a fun event!
1999 Python
1980 Ski Tique
1968 Mustang WIP
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2015 at 6:13pm
Dave Dorsen, Since when you get you own signature edition Moomba which we saw in the showroom at White Lake?

I had a great time seeing everyone as usual. Thanks to all the long distance guys that made this trek again, and of course, like so many others stated, the whole gang at White Lake did a great job of showing us all a big time.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2015 at 6:30pm
Outstanding !!!!
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2015 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by scootdogydog scootdogydog wrote:

What an awesome time! It was great seeing everyone I already knew, and meeting those that I didn't -- best group ever, and everyone is always willing to lend a hand when needed. WLM and everyone else who played a part in the organization did a fantastic job, and it's nice be skiing while the boats are still winterized in my garage!

Thanks to everyone who organized it, and everyone who made it a such a fun event!

Scootdog - We boogied while you were on the water - missed getting you the Airguide. PM me and I'll get it to you.

Fun times all!
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2015 at 8:21pm
Great pics! Especially the ones where Jackie is being operated on!?!
Js
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2015 at 8:22pm
Wow what can I say, but thank you all for making a great weekend !! Marty and I had some good water time with the girls. Thank you for the fun as always . The food was homemade with love indeed. The people that drove all night thank you for coming and WLM big thanks for making this event the 6 year for your home like filling when there. !! Thank you to all for another great time with the group ..,
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
northcoastidol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northcoastidol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2015 at 11:16pm
Just pulled in from NC, had to put a few hours in for my company before my return home, I would like to say what a great event this is, and so nice to see everyone again, Thanks to all the crew at WLM for having another great weekend event! special thank Townsend, Mark S for overnight delivery of the wiring harnesses needed for the extensive repair, thanks Joe, for you know it could have been a lot worse? thanks Joe n Tim for helping us land some of the ? engine connections. a new breaker will be installed, so take there advice and check your boats wiring system and fire extinguishers? just so this doesn't happen to anyone else. my dad and I still had a great time this past weekend with everyone    now i need to look at the pictures to see what we missed
Always be ready for a run, the water does not wait for you!
northcoastidol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northcoastidol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2015 at 8:46am
Great job Dan for capturing another awesome WL mini/reunion, I will keep all of you guys updated on the rewiring repair thanks again to all the boat owners to for making these events happen!
Always be ready for a run, the water does not wait for you!
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2015 at 11:26pm
Well, we finally ambled our way home last night! We had a great time at our first White lake reunion! A HUGE thank you to Townsend and White Lake marine for the hospitality and sponsoring the event! It was great to see so many of our CCF friend and meet so many new to us CCF friends! Awesome boats, great comradorie, and good food made for a fun weekend.

I apologize for not being around to say good bye on Sunday, I decided to use the dock and some lke time to swap the carb on my 87. Needles to say It took a little longer than I anticipated! But I was glad to see everyone and glad that everyone made it home safe!

We stayed Sunday night at the motel, boy was it quiet..... I think we were the only ones in the entire place! We toured around WL looking at places for sale and just checking the area out. Monday we packed up, took some picks, stoped by WLM and headed up to Quantico VA. We stayed there and got to experience the huge lightning stoms that hit the area! On Tuesday we toured the Marine corps museum(amazing!) then headed home. Arriving at 10 PM with tons of traffic!

We're looking forward to hopefully seeing many of you this summer! Thanks for helping us kick off a great boating season!

John, Lisl, John, Abby, and Sara
Old school goin back to school!
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2015 at 4:05pm
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2015 at 9:32pm
Just want to say first Happy Birthday Marty Mabe the man !! Great stuff and it shows how we roll at WLM 2015 !! This time last week I was rolling in at the motel. Wish I could do it again this weekend, what fun we had. !! Thank you to all ..
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678
  Share Topic