NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

81 SN Starter

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bwill14 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwill14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 81 SN Starter
    Posted: May-11-2006 at 1:15pm
I just bought a 81 SN couple months ago. Starter showing signs of needing replaced. It appears that someone tried to seal with some sort of caulk or sealer the seams of the starter. Makes me think it may not have been marine. I am thinking replace versus rebuild this one.

As a reverse engine (RH), I am figuring the starter would be opposite also (CCW).

Is that true?
How about the higher torque PMGR design starters?

Thanks!
My first CC! Thrilled to be part of the club.

Brent
Brent
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2006 at 1:44pm
Your right on about the starter, the PMGR motors work fine provided that you get the same mounting and gear prophile.
john33617 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john33617 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2006 at 12:41pm
this is the best deal.                      http://www.amarket.com/mes337ml.htm
john33617 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john33617 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2006 at 12:49pm
put a new alternator on too                  http://bpi.ebasicpower.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=eBasicPower&Product_Code=MES3144M&Category_Code=MESDEALS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic