NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

06 Sante Tower to 96 Super Sport

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 06 Sante Tower to 96 Super Sport
    Posted: April-01-2015 at 6:02pm
I'd like to adapt an 06 Sante tower to my 96 SS. Has anyone done this? I realize it's a cut and weld scenario. I'm just wondering about the actual fore and aft alignment of the foot to the hull and any other issues I might encounter. I like the style of that era tower, and I've got a line on one that fits my budget.
2008 MasterCraft 197TT
1996 Nautique Super Sport
1988 Waterlogged Supra Mariah
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2015 at 6:11pm
Depending upon what you are paying for the 06 Sante, it may be just as cost effective to order a New Dimensions Tower to fit your boat. They are so close some have wondered if perhaps CC outsourced the tower to them. Just an alternate idea...
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2015 at 8:47pm
I've seen 00 to 05 towers put on a Super Sport, but not the 06 and forward. I'm sure it can be done, but
don't recall such a thread on this site. You may want to try planetnautique.com.

I've also not seen New Dimensions copy of the 06 and forward towers.

No reason to believe this won't fit. Actually I'd be surprised if you have to cut.

06 had bigger windshield, and narrower gunnels, so tower ought to fit around SSwindshield, and you should be able to make it work on gunnels. Not sure what cupholders, etc. might get in the way.

FWIW.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

s_kelley2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s_kelley2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2015 at 2:54pm
There is a user on PN named Scarbs (real name is Jared) that put that tower on his 99 Super Air. I am not sure if he has a thread about it but if you put up a post or shoot him a PM I am sure he will fill you in. I think his was from an 07+ 210 so it had to be cut down and welded....actually now that I think about it he might have been able to bend it to fit using straps. If you happen to find a tower from an 06 210 then I think it will fit without modification as I looked at a 98 SS that had that tower on it. I am pretty sure that your fore and aft measurements will be fine if it is from a 210 (06 or 07+) but if it off a 220 or 230 then it might be a little longer than you need.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2015 at 3:33pm
Shawn, did they really make different towers for the various models?? I would guess they did not.
Peter, how do the measurements of the tower Zach has compare to Naomi's 220?? Did Zach indicate what model the tower came off of?? SANTE is generic, could apply to different length hulls/models.
J10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2015 at 3:51pm
I got this tower (I believe from a 2008) for FREE, so I modified it and put it on my SS. It's different and unique at the same time, but for the price I couldn't beat it/ Polished stainless. I think I took out like 13-16 inches

1996 nautique super sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s_kelley2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2015 at 4:06pm
CQ, I have never put a tape to them but having been around 210s and 220s with that style tower my eye tells me that that the 210 version is smaller. I do know for sure that the 06 210 tower is smaller than the 07+ 210 tower. With the exception of the Titan option I think CC was still making the towers in house at that time so I would think there would be small differences for each model but I could be wrong.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2015 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by s_kelley2000 s_kelley2000 wrote:

I would think there would be small differences for each model

True Dat and in 06' the various models were quite different as well! Would start with three centerline dimensions off the tower, width apart of front and rear feet and distance front to rear feet and the actual size of the feet where they meet the deck.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2015 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by J10 J10 wrote:

Is that the presumed sunk TX SAN from the craigslist thread in the background?
J10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2015 at 5:09pm
no, these are in ohio
1996 nautique super sport
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2015 at 5:13pm
Found the boat. Definitely not it.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2015 at 12:27pm
Hey sorry, I've been MIA...what's up with the sunken TX SAN?

Sorry to threadjack, back to regular scheduled programming.
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2015 at 3:20pm
Well, no telling yet when Zach will make his appearance up here on Deep Lake, but when he does, I'll start figuring out how to make the thing fit (after I get it powder coated white instead of orange). I had an orange car once....''78 Ford Fiesta....my brother made fun of it....he said he could sell tickets to kids in the neighborhood for a ride in the clown car. How humiliating being a poor college student.

I will reach out to Jared....I bought a used prop from him recently....maybe he will have insight. I'm just of the belief that an 06 is going to be 6 inches wider than my '96. Any thoughts? If they're the same width, this is going to be an easier fit up
2008 MasterCraft 197TT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s_kelley2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2015 at 4:13pm
If the tower is from an 06 210 then that has the exact same beam as your 96 SS. The new larger 210 didn't come out until 07.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2015 at 7:47pm
Wow, that is good to know. The newer boats look so gigantic compared to my older SS. Getting closer to starting the project.
2008 MasterCraft 197TT
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2015 at 1:14pm
I wouldn't bother getting it powder coated till your done cutting and welding.
Just gunna have to re-coat after grinding and welding.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic