Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

chrysler cam info needed

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Red Baron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Baron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: chrysler cam info needed
    Posted: April-25-2015 at 8:53pm
Does anyone have any info on camshafts for a standard rotation performance 360 build? Thinking about going with a "RV" grind. Im In the early stages of research. The motor is going in a 20ft southwind
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2015 at 9:02pm
Matt,
Considering the Southwind is one of the larger heavier hulls and a marine engine is always under load, I feel the RV grind is a good choice. We do have a few Mopar members and they may comment as well.

I noticed you were looking for a LH prop. Did you repower the Southwind with a standard rotation engine? If so, what happened to the original and what was it?

How about posting some pictures of the boat and engine?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Red Baron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Baron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2015 at 9:21pm
I did a write up on the boat when I first signed up, not sure if its still around. The oe 318 block cracked in the 80s. My parents paid a family friend to build a motor at which point I think he used truck parts. I came across a rebuilt 360 short block and im having a real hard time selecting a cam because I cant identify the cam that was in the 318 for a base line.
Red Baron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Baron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2015 at 9:25pm
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5931&sort=&pagenum=4
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2015 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Red Baron Red Baron wrote:

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5931&sort=&pagenum=4

Matt,
Here's a direct link to your diary

Don't worry about what cam was in the 318. If the cam you are looking at is listed as a "RV" grind, then as mentioned I'd say go for it.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2015 at 11:45pm
I guess I could look thru all the brochures year by year, but does anyone know offhand what years the 318 was offered in the Southwind? This 68 had one & my brothers 72 has one so it's at least that timespan.

BTW I also have a 360, great engine
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic