Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gas Cap

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
robgutierreziv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robgutierreziv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gas Cap
    Posted: May-17-2006 at 12:30pm
I have a 1978 American Skier. I lost the gas cap last summer(left it on the boat after fueling up) and have not been able to find one. The dealer in my area specializes in Air Nautiques and are unfamiliar with older Correct Crafts. Does anybody know where I can get a 1970's chrome gas cap? One of the local marina's suggested that I go with a plastic one and I would have to get rid of the chrome gas cap housing and replace it with a plastic set up. I want to stay orginal.
R. Gutierrez
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2006 at 1:06pm
Try whitelake.com
Tim D
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2006 at 1:23pm
If you don't have any luck with original CC replacement, consider Glen-L

Glen-L gas cap
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2006 at 1:39pm
to start with CC never made the cap or fill plate for that matter, it was bought from a supplier like perko.

So I would cruise on down to west marine and spend your 10-15 bucks and buy a replacement deck plate cap. .02
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2006 at 11:01pm
    This gas cap assembly from overtons looks pretty much identical to the one on the Mustang. Might fit other years????
http://www.overtons.com/modperl/overtons/detail/pdetail2.cgi?r=detail_view&item_num=21139&fcat=
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2006 at 12:45am
JEFF: Love how you are even posting links now, you computer guru you.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
S.T. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S.T. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2006 at 2:11pm
See my post here.

It may apply to your boat as well. I got a Whitecap brand deck fill that matched the old one exactly--key and all.

I probably should have gotten something like this: Whitecap Push Tab Deck Fill ...so that I wouldn't have to mess with the key.
S.T. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S.T. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2006 at 2:16pm
Oh, I should also say that the cap was stolen while the boat was at the local Correct Craft dealer and they tried to replace it with one like that in the link that Jeff posted. Unless that is actually what was on your boat (and you're going for originality) I would avoid that one in favor of a flush fitting unit.

The ridge on the fill and pins on the cap are not kind to knees, hands, back sides, wakeboards, skis, etc.
Cheaterpete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheaterpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2006 at 5:01am
I have a complete gas cap and filler for SN 1974, is that the same????
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic