Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for ski boat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Chesapeake Dan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chesapeake Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for ski boat
    Posted: May-20-2006 at 7:46am
Hello everyone, I am new here and looking for a ski boat for my father in law, I am not real familuar with them,I am in the boating field, work at a boatyard here on the Chesapeake Bay, and have charter fished and worked commercially and on private boats most of my adult life.

Ok enough about me, what I am looking for is in the 17 foot range, either a Ski Nautique, Correct Craft, Master Craft. Have been looking for about a year or two now with not alot of luck. As far as traveling to look at any particular boat, Penn,Delaware,Virginia,Maryland, and NC if the boat sounds right, and going to be worth the drive.
So there you have it. BTW a friend of mine which I have not seen in a few years used to ski the circuit maybe you know him, Andy Anderson from Annapolis Maryland???

Well anyway's thanks in advance if anyone can give me a lead or two. Hope you all have a good season.

Dan
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2006 at 9:43am
Dan,
Are you looking for a turn key boat or one to fix up? What price range?
I own three Correct Crafts and a Master Craft...they all all great! Inboard is the only way to go!
If it's a turn key boat in nice shape...expect to spend 6000- 10,000 depending on whats been done.However,some times we get lucky and find a good running boat 3000-4000 range.
Project boats can be had dirt cheep.
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Chesapeake Dan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chesapeake Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2006 at 3:25pm
I am not sure what his price range is, but I know he wants turn key.

Are you close to the states I mentioned???

He would want to see the boat, and probably take it out on the lake.

Thanks    Dan
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2006 at 9:59pm
Dan,
I am not selling...I keep an eye out , cause , I try to get away with buyin as many as I can hide from my wife.
stang

The Super Air

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2006 at 9:21pm
Hey Dan,

Why 17 ft??? Most of the Ski boats from
CC or MC after 1980 were about 19 feet without swim platform? In the correct craft lineup, you can look for a Ski Tique which was about 17 feet.

Personally, I'd look for a 1993 or later Ski Nautique. 1993 was the first year that Correct Craft used all composites in the stringer and flooring systems. This means you are not likely to have floor or stringer problems as you have in many of the older boats. Price wise, a 93 should go for about 10-14K with trailer depending upon condition. BKH
Livin' the Dream

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2006 at 11:57pm
To add to what brian has said....MasterCrafts from late 70's through the 80's are about 19 feet and a tad bit under 7 ft beem(1983 they used composites for the sringers)...in 82 the ski Nuatique went to about that same size with a deeper V hull(not quite as flat as the MC)...19 footers are roomy compared to the earlier Nautiques.
Of course I like them all!!!

70's Correct Crafts...Nautique and Martinique---18 ft, Mustangs, skiers and tiques---16.5 ft
They all pull well!

One good way to find something...do the google search and check out all the brokers! I purchased two boats that way and ended up quite pleased.

Give us a price range...I am always searching! Let you know if I see something in your area.
stang

The Super Air

surroundsound64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundsound64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2006 at 12:58am
My 81 is 17'8" I believe. It's under 18'.
1981 Ski Nautique
2000 SAN

Looking for a 2000-2006 SAN
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2006 at 1:30am
Dan,
A great place to start looking is right here in the "For Sale" section! Lots of boats, in all price ranges! its a very good way to check out the various years and prices....

Good luck!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic