Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I know its far from original

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
77stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I know its far from original
    Posted: May-24-2006 at 12:56pm
but here is the way my old boat finished up

boat was so beat up i just dont think i could have gotten it back to original

http://www.putfile.com/civalsavage
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 2:04pm
Looks really nice. I like the color scheme.
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 3:41pm
Anoter lake rod. Nice. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 3:49pm
Very nice!!!

I've always loved red,black and white.

Great job

Munday
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 4:23pm
You've got one unique updated stang. Looks good!
Greg

86 BFN
77stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 4:27pm
thanks guys, im a little sensitive that its not original, wasnt my intent when i bought the boat.

the red is gel, black and gray is polyuthane.

the dash is real carbon fiber, that took three attempts to get it right. fortunately it didnt take three purchases of supplies.

the rear seat has a cooler on each end and storage in the middle.

i hand stiched all the interior except for front seats which i purchased.

i had never done any of that stuff before. quite a leaning process. really enjoyable except all the "do overs"
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 4:50pm
77 Stang,
Great looking rig !!! Resto mods are in !!! Hey I like the console idea. Is there a radio,glove box etc in there.. Love to see some close ups !!!

Moj'
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 9:25pm
77 Stang
Boat looks great.Original is good. Imagination is great!
Scott
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 10:45pm
HAnd st*tched and you've never done that before. Carbon Fiber.... Great job, I love it
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 11:14pm
77; As anyone here knows, I am an "original" type of guy but your boat is very nice. And the fact that you did it all yourself makes it even better.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
77stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2006 at 1:06pm
Mojo,

Thanks for the kind words. Yes the console has a radio and glove box in it.

the floor is also raised between the front seats to provide vent to the bilge. That was done because once a refoamed the bow i sealed of the vent holes leading to the bow to insure the bow would remain water tight. I simply do not ever want to refoam again. The raised floor runs all the way to within 6 inchs or so of the pylon including over the battery box where the vent opens up to the bilge. Then I hatched access to the battery compartment.

I'm on my way to texas but i'll include some detail pics when i get back.

All you guys have a great memorial day and again thanks for all the kind words
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2006 at 2:21pm
77stang,

If I follow you , you blocked off the vents to the engine compartment from the bow & made your vent in the console. If that is the case, are you getting enough air flow into the engine compartment? It looks to me like the vent on the bow would allow a lot more air flow than a vent from the console in the boat.
Greg

86 BFN
Atmspltr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atmspltr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2006 at 2:49pm
Nice job...I like the idea of making it work for you with modern conveniences while keeping the original lines and styles.
JeremyG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeremyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2006 at 4:08pm
WOW, I think this looks AWESOME. I don't care if it's not original, the paint work goes PERFECTLY with the shape of the boat.

Great job!
1980 Ski Nautique... Undergoing (mostly unneeded) Restoration

Ongoing Pictures of Restore:

http://jgap.com/v-web/gallery/album01
77stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2006 at 10:47pm
skicat,

i understand your concerns about adequate airflow. i'm getting about 2/3's of what the three hoses provided previously at the most restricted part of the set up. I am stll running three hoses. Although the flow does narrow up i'm comfortable with the amount its getting and i can certainly feel a heavy flow when i put my hand in front of the outlet.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic