Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just wanted to say hey!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
brandons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just wanted to say hey!
    Posted: May-24-2006 at 1:56pm
Man do I love this site. I think this is the best Correct Craft resource on the web. I just bought my first boat, it is a 1979 Ski Nautique. Im the 2nd owner, the original owners wanted a bigger family boat, so I jumped on it when it became forsale. Im very proud of my investment. I have recently installed a Acme 4-Blade prop & restained the swim platform. At 21 years of age this is my first Correct Craft & it sure wont be my last! I posted a picture, sure hope I uploaded it right.
Thanks for your time guys & gals!
Brandon
1979 Ski Nautique
brandons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 2:27pm
My girlfriend took this one of me. Can't you tell I love my boat!
1979 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 2:49pm
Brandon,
Welcome...NICE RIDE!... Hard to tell how proud you are !!
Ive said it before.. these generations of CCs are some of the beast deals around! Great investments...they hold their value very well...and a lot more fun than money in the bank! Good luck !!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 2:50pm
Congratulations, Brandon. Great to see you got yourself a great boat at a young age. You won't lose money on it. You'll get many years of enjoyment out of it. Have fun!

Ken
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 3:37pm
Now teach your girlfriend how to drive that boat. I see your boat has NC on it, where are you located?
Tim D
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 3:39pm
Nice looking boat Brandon. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 3:41pm
No greater sight than a woman driving a Nautique! My wife used to drive until she found a new way to coil up the tow rope. I didn't need the end piece of my ski platform either. I still love her though.

Ken
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 4:26pm
Nice looking oldie Brandon! They just get better with age.
Greg

86 BFN
brandons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 4:43pm
Hey thanks for the warm welcome! I feel right at home! Im located in Hodges, SouthCarolina in Greenwood county, about 35 miles south of Greenville, SouthCarolina. The registration### from the SCDNR has always been like that. The first letters are SC but not sure why the last letters are NC. But yes I sure do love my classic, if I could only get my girlfriend to drive. You should see my dad behind this boat on the slalom ski, he's like a young kid in his all mighty glory!
1979 Ski Nautique
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 5:07pm
Now you're talkin'Brandon, old boats make old men young again, and it's great to see you share your passion with your dad. Really nice boat, and welcome!
Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
jbryant79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbryant79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 5:29pm
Welcome Brandon! Nice ride! The cool thing is I have the same exact boat although yours looks a little better than mine. It looks like your boat sits lower than mine based on where the fenders are located in relation to the boat. I am wondering if your trailer is one of those "Low-Boy" trailer options or did someone lower it? Anyway, enjoy your boat.
1979 Ski Nautique
brandons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 8:02pm
Man you guys are great, i really feel welcomed! Jbryant79 thats a good question about the trailer, but I am sorry I have no idea what the option was on them. I would like to know myself if anybody has a answer.
The only problem with my boat is the trailer is a little rusty in spots and my graphics are a little sun faded but other than that I can't complain. Im really getting into this Forum!
1979 Ski Nautique
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 9:10pm
Brandon

Congratulations. Nice looking boat. I like to here at age 21 you do things with your father.
Scott
86SN2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 9:24pm
That is a really nice looking boat Brandon. I like that color combination. Have tons of fun.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 10:42pm
Welcome Brandon, Great looking boat that you'll enjoy for years. The trailers a low boy, probably has a prop guard cause the boat sits lower.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 11:22pm
Brandon: Let me add my welcome to all the others. We are glad that young guys like yourself are dicovering these boats and are buying and keeping them up. Love it that you treat your Dad to a ride. Mrs jbear is a better driver than most of the guys I've skied with. But she wasn't always. Just had to be patient with the learning process. Now she can drive, load the boat or back the trailer. Plus she knows how to pack a cooler and will stay out all day with no complaint. So stick with her. Sharing these boats with your Dad and girl make 'em even more fun.
Enjoy!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
jbryant79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbryant79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2006 at 9:51am
Brandon,
Your lucky your trailer is the "Low Boy" option. That makes launching so much easier. You may want to consider sandblasting and painting your trailer in the near future before it gets too bad. I made the mistake of waiting too long to paint mine because I did not want to hassle with taking the boat off the trailer and I paid the price. I had to have my channels replaced because they were too rusted to blast and paint. It was a pain and a little expensive but at least now I have a completely redone trailer. It certainly saves time and money if you catch it early before it gets too bad.
1979 Ski Nautique
Atmspltr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atmspltr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2006 at 12:04pm
Nice boat Brandon...just be careful if the girlfriend doesn't have experience driving an inboard...they don't steer quite like an OB or I/O. Definetly don't back up well. Welcome!

RB
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2006 at 12:11pm
Also, be patient with her. I wasn't patient with my wife (girlfriend at the time) and it turned her off to driving. Everyone here has gone through a tough time learning to drive. Hitting the dock, missing the trailer, 20 point turn in reverse, running the tow rope over, etc. I agree with Atmspltr, steering an inboard is tricky! Take your time with all your moves until you're comfortable!

Ken
brandons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2006 at 1:28pm
I will agree with everyone of you, reverse is tricky! I have never driven a inboard before so learning how to back it up was a chore for me. I plan on having the trailer restored this winter. The trailer has the prop guard on the back, I couldn't figure out why a buddy of mine's trailer looked different from mine since his Nautique was a 77. The boat is enjoyable, but spending time with my dad & doing something that we both love is just priceless. My dad is 47 & behind the boat he is 18 again! Im working on my Girlfriend with the driving, she's learning but carefully & slowly. Guy's you have a good day & thanks for the replies, I got to get back to work.
1979 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic