NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trailer Straps

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trailer Straps
    Posted: May-30-2006 at 10:56pm
The cover that came with my boat has loops in it where straps would go through, but no actual straps. It is a very nice sunbrella tow cover that fits around the bow crash pads and everything- I just need straps for it. It does have a drawstring, but obviously that's not enough to tow with. I leave the boat in the garage so I haven't really had to use the cover, but I would like to have the straps in case I have to tow in the rain. I don't want to have to take the boat and cover to a shop to have it fitted with straps in the middle of the summer- does anyone know of a cheap, easy strap solution (say, one step above bungee cords)? Knowing this group, there's some hardware part that happens to be an ideal strap...
duffnit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffnit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2006 at 11:12am
They make all kinds of straps in many lenghths. Northern Tool has a very good selection of ratchet and pull lock type straps.
My personal preference is the bungee cord; reason being, the bungee will give some flex, whereas a strap too tight will cause undo strain on your cover as well as flap while under way.
My .02....
Danny

"no offense- but the rate at which you spread bad information is very impressive"    
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2006 at 11:33am
I use a continuous cotton clothes line, takes a little longer to install however it will not scratch the hull or the trailer, I feed it starting from the bow and work around the entire boat back to the bow.
I only trial a couple times a year and usually long distance, may not be this best solution if you are towing often.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic