NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Low Profile Flame Arrestor

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2007 at 5:54pm
TRBenj
Did you see the flame arrester on 87BFN's that eric is working on? The 454 flame arrester looks bigger in dia.,lower in profile and has a fuel vent!
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2007 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Waterdog Waterdog wrote:

TRBenj
Did you see the flame arrester on 87BFN's that eric is working on? The 454 flame arrester looks bigger in dia.,lower in profile and has a fuel vent!

Waterdog, the flame arrestor I have should be the same exact size as the one on the 454 (8" diameter, 2" tall). Its actually the same Barbaron arrestor with a different style top. If you look closely, I have both the fuel line and breather hose fittings.

I figure if it can flow enough air for a big block, then it can flow enough for my modified small block.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 12:08am
I ordered a K&N custom-66 flame arrestor from Rex marine its dimensions are 11-7/8 x 8-3/8 x 3"hi Its low but I dont think air flow will be restricted!!
JR_VIC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR_VIC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 11:05pm
TRBenj...I'll try to take pics of my current set-up but after I changed to the Weiand my box would not shut either. I was able to do two things that gave me the clearance I needed to shut the lid. First I ordered a 1" poly spacer from Summit with a rear PCV port on the back similar to the OEM PCM version so that saved me 3/4". I then found a part number from Barbron that is 7" in diameter and a max heighth of 2" and looks close to the stock one. I can now shut my hood but this flame arrestor still is close to stock heighth so I am hoping it will not hurt CFM's. I'll take pics in a few days and post up.

Thanks!
"That's not a Snow Cone that's my Ring!"
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 1:10am
Just got it today, this thing is SICK

backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 8:25am
That is one Bad a$$ lookin' topper. That should really look sweet under the cover. Definitely let us know if that thing does anything for you. I might have to figure out some way to get one to fit under my cover.
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 3:08pm
Maddmarxx, how much did that cost you? That is a sweet looking arrestor.
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

I ordered a K&N custom-66 flame arrestor from Rex marine its dimensions are 11-7/8 x 8-3/8 x 3"hi Its low but I dont think air flow will be restricted!!

Eric, Im guessing he got it here. If you get a new arrestor, I would be very interested in purchasing your original.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 9:14pm
MM; That is sweet lookin' Am I gonna need one of them?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 9:21pm
John is your boat still at the storage place down the road from harbor side? or do you have it at the house? I was thinking of meeting you at the boat storage, I remember how to get there still.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 9:47pm
TRB...Thats the place, it was $119 with free shipping, and it looks way better then you can see in the PIC, its real shiney,it comes in three diffrent designs,(Electic)(flame)(scalloped) its a heavy billet, not cheap at all. The low profile one thats on the boat now is going to jbear, but I do have the originl taller one somewhere!

backfoot..thanks, we will see if does anything on Sat when you guys get here!

the next thing is a air vent handle for better airflow, also from (rex marine)   
JR_VIC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR_VIC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2007 at 2:30pm
I remeber looking at that arrestor from Rex marine bu it said it was 3" high and with my new Weiand intake being taller I could not go more than 2" overall max heighth. Is this one in fact 3" overall max heighth?

Thanks!
"That's not a Snow Cone that's my Ring!"
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2007 at 3:09pm
Hey MMaxx,
Bumping the thread to see how the K&N is working for ya??? I need to make a switch as well and was just wondering if the CFM's were the same, restricted or otherwise... Since you haven't reported, I'm assuming that life is good???

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2007 at 6:03pm
Mojo...I put it on along with a new Holley fuel pump, so I am not sure which one made the difference, but my mid range power picked up some! more fuel + more air flow = more HP!! At 119 dollars it seems like alot but you have to see it in person, it looks awsome!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic