Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wagendrift Dam - Great weekend on the water

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
geecee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geecee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wagendrift Dam - Great weekend on the water
    Posted: November-01-2015 at 4:15am
Wagendrift dam, in Escourt, Kwazulu Natal, South Africa.
This is by far one of my favourite places to ski and wakeboard. The water conditions are near perfect and 90% of the time you have great water all day long. It is not a very crowded place and you can always find some water if a jetski or tuber starts messing up an area.

Unfortunately we didn't have the camera out when I slalomed, a little upset I didnt get some nice ski shots. but here are some wake shots

1983 Ski Nautique '2001'
-Chev 350 Mercruiser
-Custom Wake Tower
-Custom Interior
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2015 at 1:31pm
Pretty awesome GC.     On The Waters Of The World !
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2015 at 12:44pm
Thanks for sharing, really cool seeing the other waters of our world!! Conditions look great, can understand why it's one of your favorite places, hopefully no Crocs or Hippo's in the area
geecee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geecee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2015 at 4:16am
Haha not at this dam I don't think. But the dam closest to me
Has a sign up which says beware of crocodiles, haven't seen one yet only zebra and puff adders 👍
1983 Ski Nautique '2001'
-Chev 350 Mercruiser
-Custom Wake Tower
-Custom Interior
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2016 at 2:33pm
nice water and especially the gentle sloping shoreline
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2016 at 2:56pm
Alright have to put South Africa as a place to visit!
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2016 at 9:38pm
That picture almost looks like it was taken in Australia.

Great water and not too crowded.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
geecee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geecee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2017 at 9:40am
A few shots from a couple trips to the dam

Engine issues as she lies helpless
1983 Ski Nautique '2001'
-Chev 350 Mercruiser
-Custom Wake Tower
-Custom Interior
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2017 at 10:23am
Hi hate it when engine issues end a fun day at the lake. What was the problem nothing to major I hope. Enjoy what looks like great weather, still cool on this side of the world. Looks like an awesome place to ski.
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2017 at 10:26am
Yep, that sucks - so what was the issue...
geecee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geecee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2017 at 10:33am
Love that place, water is a little cooler due to the area, but it'll be bath water compared to what you guys have to deal with.

No compression in one cylinder was original issue, got that sorted and this was first time out again and we got water in the cylinders, suspect intake manifold issues, but have yet to find route cause. Unfortunately this side of the world skilled boat mechanics are few and far between.

In the meantime I may be getting another '83 that is virtually 100% original and looks to be in good condition. That might happen next weekend, this one with the Ford PCM engine.
1983 Ski Nautique '2001'
-Chev 350 Mercruiser
-Custom Wake Tower
-Custom Interior
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2017 at 8:14am
Great Pics Graeme. Definitely cool to see Nauti's in different parts of the world. Beautiful scenery and looks like you have a nice crew to ski with.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
geecee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geecee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2017 at 2:27am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Great Pics Graeme. Definitely cool to see Nauti's in different parts of the world. Beautiful scenery and looks like you have a nice crew to ski with.

Absolutely love this place but am truly envious of the boat culture you have that side of the pond.

To get all these people together is hard work, and only 2 of us actually pull out a slalom ski.
Most of the guys at least wakeboard now. And as mentioned the better half has just been bitten by the ski bug (she is adamant she wants to slalom now.

But hey gotta start somewhere.

A closer dam to me apparently has a good group of nautique owners there, which is unthinkable in our part of the world, have yet to see them while I have been there, but I will be sure to make friends and take pics when I do come across them.
1983 Ski Nautique '2001'
-Chev 350 Mercruiser
-Custom Wake Tower
-Custom Interior
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2017 at 1:12pm
Back when I was is S.A. the ratio of ski boats to other boats wasn't too different to what it is here in the US. there are just a lot more people over here that can afford to buy boats. The downside to that is the water tends to be a lot more crowded.

The lake closest to me is unrideable on a weekend after 10am in the summer.

It's such a beautiful part of the world out near that dam. I found the below pic of the dam..

96 Super Sport
Previously: 95 Sport Nautique, 1980 Ski Supreme
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic