NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Replace some of the floor?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Fook_U View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fook_U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Replace some of the floor?
    Posted: June-05-2006 at 8:12pm
I know that floor replacement is a regular topic so I feel that I need to keep it up to date.
After reading a post that I might be carrying some invisible passengers (wet foam); I decided to inspect and sure enough I have some unwanted passengers.
Now what to-do, I drilled some holes and found that the bow had water and the stern appeared not to have any, could this be true? If so do I only replace from the pole forward or what?
Now for the fun part I see some have used a wet saw, some a 4” cut off wheel could I use a skill saw?
I plan on using closed cell foam, but on top of the foam was plywood and it appears to need replacing. Could I use closed cell PVC plastic instead of marine plywood or any other exterior material like exterior sign material (we use this at my business in place of pressure treated plywood).
Should I only do the front half of the boat and save myself some work?

I really need the advice on this one, and the motor has been put in a holding pattern.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2006 at 11:49pm
Replace the whole floor and foam..You will be glad you did. Don't half ass it. Besides..it's fun!
Scott
Fook_U View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fook_U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 11:57pm
how far up into the bow should I go? Till I see daylight
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic