Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Barracuda bow light flag staff find!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Cuda Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuda Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barracuda bow light flag staff find!
    Posted: January-04-2016 at 10:42pm
After a 3 year search I finally located a flag staff for my bow light as illustrated in the correct craft literature. Sweet find. Has pitting, came with a light, Its savable..

1968 Barracuda Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2016 at 11:00pm
Great find. That's a nice one in the fact it is held on with a screw rather than just a press fit.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuda Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2016 at 11:14am
Thanks Gary. It certainly is a good find.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2016 at 11:16am
Chris, good find. BSS1998 came with the same light and staff. I see you have all your through hulls out. Have you decided to regel? Did you ever have any luck getting any of the parts from Eric?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuda Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2016 at 4:27pm
I do plan on regelcoating the boat. Since my time has been limited due to work I've focused on sourcing parts and I'm just about there. The only parts I don't have are a complete set of original seat bracket knobs. Other than that I've got two of everything. No joke... The only thing I was able to get from Eric was the search light. I'm still after "SS" badge that goes on the center console. Just need an impression of it and I'll get one cast.

I'm in the process of planning for stringers. Wood vs composite. I've also started to source engine components such as pistons, bearings valves, etc. I'm going to build two engines; a 352 and a 390. Both will have original eaton closed cooling systems. Which ever one I don't use will make a great conversation piece or get sold. My focus is really getting the hull back together at this point. I got a wild hair and picked up a deck section from someone that was cutting up a classic. I got my hands on the cockpit divider section. Something in my head said wouldn't it be cool to have a two-seat'r cuda ss with center console and buckets. The back half would be large lounging pad flush with the deck. I don't know, we'll see when I get there. Part of me says it should be original but the other says have some fun. After all, it's only original once and every part I have for this boat came from another boat. That and I have a small fortune in parts so why not make something really cool using correct craft parts. I'm only going to use it for cocktail cruises with the lady and am not interested in skiing or tubing. I have friends with bigger boats for when we all get together and do that kind of thing.
FamilyManCCF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FamilyManCCF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2016 at 6:21pm
Chris, nice find! My uncle has a 68 Barracuda with the same nav light and post but the screw is missing. Can you give me the length and thread size of the screw? Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuda Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2016 at 11:52am
Thanks FamilyMan. I'll post measurements of the screw this evening.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuda Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2016 at 9:54pm
Screw length 22 mm, thread length, 19 mm, thread size 10-32. It's a phillips head.

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2016 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Cuda Chris Cuda Chris wrote:

Screw length 22 mm, thread length, 19 mm, thread size 10-32. It's a phillips head.

Translation: 10-32 x 3/4" truss head SS

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2016 at 10:12pm

McMaster Carr
In stock
$6.94 per pack of 25
94792A623
Length     3/4"
Additional Specifications     Phillips—Type 316 Stainless Steel
10-32—#2 Drive
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuda Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2016 at 10:54pm
Go Team
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2016 at 10:57pm
Andrew,
McMaster is a great company but you only need one piece. Go to the hardware store and buy one for probably around $ .25 They may not have the truss head but will have a pan head. No one will notice it's a pan head.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
FamilyManCCF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FamilyManCCF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2016 at 4:18pm
Thanks Chris and Pete! I appreciate the help!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic