NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wrecking Crew III

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wrecking Crew III
    Posted: January-08-2016 at 1:08am
Hey All
If any CCF'ers are around the Winter Haven/ Central Fl area this weekend, feel free to get hold of me on this thread or through a PM if you want to drink a few beers and ski. Adam, Jbear, Eddie and Hollywood will be there, and I was hoping Bobbi and his son would be around as well.
Tom
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2016 at 8:22pm
Man I'm going to be a month too late!
Have a great weekend!
Old school goin back to school!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2016 at 12:52am
we are warming up right now in the command center.

I sent Bobby a message a couple days ago....

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
northcoastidol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northcoastidol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2016 at 11:10am
Have fun guys!!! dont do anything I wouldn't do? missed this one by two weeks
Always be ready for a run, the water does not wait for you!
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2016 at 12:48pm
Update: We finally got the Hooters wing sauce sorted out. Everyone is also up to speed on the concept of "Showrooming" and "Fursuiting". We got this hot little number from the local college to hang out with us for the weekend.

The problem is that it's a dude. Oh well....more to come.
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2016 at 6:08pm
Going to miss it by a couple of weeks. Let me know if I need to bring the 206 when I come down........
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2016 at 8:41pm
Well, it started off as a foggy day as the dudes gathered at the dock for a testosterone fueled barefoot/jumpfest:

However, it degraded into a total surrender to femininity as the swivel chicks showed up and schooled the boys on the finer points of grace and style:

Thankfully, there was a lot of good stuff in between.
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2016 at 1:57am
a good time was had by all the past 2 days...

for some reason I cannot post pics

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2016 at 2:17am
ok guys, here comes video overload. Two nights and two days of wrecking crew madness, and here is the proof. Fair warning, some of this footage sucks, and I don't care, because Seascamper threw the invite out, so if you didn't come, its your own fault.

Also, a big thanks as usual to Tom Carlin for his top notch hospitality. We invaded his lake, house, dock, boat, overpowered Saturn...the guy is a class act and if you haven't met him or his family you're missing out.

In any case. We started out with JBear throwing a flier.

Then, if you want to know what a pretty back deep looks like, watch carefully.

John and Hollywood showing what a well orchestrated double flier looks like. (I will demonstrate the wrong way further down.)

Once we were away from the dock they had to find a way to get back up and this was not as pretty...notice John's double bounce technique.

The Polk County Fire Department heard we were in town so they sent a rescue vehicle in advance.

Then it was time to throw people over the jump. Tom had just gotten a new wakeboard that did not agree with the jump. Listen for the squeak. And just drink in the perfect 4 point stance...hand on the rope, feet on the board, hand on the water, face on the wake. Flawless.

Squeak again, with commentary.

Then he got better and things got boring.

I needed help to realize that I should follow the boat...I've only been skiing for 25 years.

Then my first attempt ever going over a jump. Not terrible, stay tuned, that's coming.

Second attempt was better.

HW looking smooth as ever sliding tricks off the dock.

And sometimes you ski with someone who just pisses you off constantly.

If ever there was a photo finish.

Not sure what happened here, but the commentary is great.

Neither the driver nor the skier knew this was supposed to be a hot pickup, and guess what, it didn't work.

I don't know what this was supposed to be a video of, but Eddie's laugh kills me.

Still squeaking.

Now, this needs some explanation. Last year, Tom let Kevin and I drive the Cowboy Conversion Suburban, which was one of the finest examples of American Automobile Engineering to ever exist. This year we are rolling in the overpowered Saturn, which JBear took to a charity dinner. Kevin decided to capture his exit.

Tom's jumpers were too stiff so I decided to slick them up with some italian dressing.   The struggle is real.

I have to give Thomas a hard time because in the past two years he has gone from never skiing before to being head and shoulders better than me. But this wasn't great.

Or this. You know what is helpful for your driver? When they know exactly how much rope you have left. In order to avoid this convenience, just throw the whole coil into the water as soon as the boat takes off.

Of course once he got on his feet he was fine.

No idea.

Ok. Wait. So some people know the right way to do things, and some do not. I do not.

Then we raised the jump 8 inches from the day before and it became impossible for me.

When we teach new skiers we tell them to keep their arms straight. Perfectly demonstrated here.

This is what we call the starfish.

Then he started showing off. We went from good

To bad

To good

To bad

To bad again

Then back to good

And now the fun started. Let me tell you what I'm not good at- barefoot fliers. This gets messy at the end.

Then they picked me up and I couldn't even.

Here's one for all the haters. Inboard wake cross- completed.

And this, the last video on my camera, pretty much sums up the wrecking crew perfectly. Fishermen? Fck em. Do I need help in the boat? You're damn right I do.

I hope you guys in winter enjoy these, if you don't, well, I'm on a plane back to summertime tomorrow.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2016 at 7:21am
Great videos! Looks like fun for all.
Js
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2016 at 8:55am
Cool videos. Looks like a great time was had by all.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2016 at 10:21am
Like the vid's. When does Adam learn baccerds?
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
northcoastidol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northcoastidol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2016 at 10:07pm
Great vid's n contaminating Adam! looks like I missed a good one again I know how much fun is is to hang out with the Central Flordia, and Hw crew! Tom the 75 sound n looks good. didn't get up to the house to see it the day I was there. Adam if you keep hangin with these guy's now and then when your back in the U.S. it's all good! and YA jbear has been my idol to
Always be ready for a run, the water does not wait for you!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2016 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

Also, a big thanks as usual to Tom Carlin for his top notch hospitality. We invaded his lake, house, dock, boat, overpowered Saturn...the guy is a class act and if you haven't met him or his family you're missing out.

+1

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2016 at 7:01am
That wake cross counts

Looking very solid Adam. It must help hanging with all the good footers in the wrecking crew.

Looks a bit cool though even in Florida..... we are in the middle of a heatwave downunder 102F for the next 3 days
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Frankenotter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2016 at 2:49pm
Nice skiing / footing gents! That should get us northern people through a few more weeks.

I would love to come down and ski with you guys sometime. I get long overnights in Orlando and Tampa from time to time.

Chris
1999 Ski Nautique 196
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2016 at 3:20pm
Many many thanks for those videos Adam... Something to watch while I sit out the winter!

Sure must be boatloads of fun with that crew
Sure whish I was there (with some good Belgian beer with me)...
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2016 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

That wake cross counts

Looking very solid Adam. It must help hanging with all the good footers in the wrecking crew.

Looks a bit cool though even in Florida..... we are in the middle of a heatwave downunder 102F for the next 3 days

Two things- it was downright freezing on Sunday and worse on Monday, I didn't even get in the water that day. I landed yesterday and it was 103...crazy.

Also, none of that sandwich was wasted, but the residual italian dressing on that jumper will make the water bead off the top of it for several weeks.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2016 at 12:42am
Originally posted by Frankenotter Frankenotter wrote:

Nice skiing / footing gents! That should get us northern people through a few more weeks.

I would love to come down and ski with you guys sometime. I get long overnights in Orlando and Tampa from time to time.

Chris

Hey Chris,
What base did you get?
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2016 at 2:37am
I got Chicago, which is what I wanted, but I overnight in FL quite often.

It's kinda a dream of mine to ski on an overnight. Hopefully one of these times will align with a lake day.

1999 Ski Nautique 196
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2016 at 1:11pm
Do you still have my info? Lets try an work it out.
Tom
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
NautiqueNut View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NautiqueNut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2016 at 2:28pm
This is for jbear, from Bill D.;I talked to your brother the other day and Brian, Dale,and your Brother and I are getting together soon in the Kent,Ohio area for the old bare footers breakfast. It will be the first time to see them in near 36 years? Thanks to your posts and this site we have reconnected. I cannot believe that you have done so well continuing in the sport of bare footing. These videos of you are incredible!!!!! You all are having way to much fun down there. God bless you guys , and I cant wait to see my old friends. Sinceely Bill D.
It was not to late for my 78
!978 Ski Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2016 at 12:33am
Originally posted by seacamper seacamper wrote:

Do you still have my info? Lets try an work it out.
Tom

I think so. I'll let you know next time I get a Tampa or Orlando overnight.
1999 Ski Nautique 196
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2016 at 1:33am
This one is for Adam who sat so patiently through the practice sessions:
Corky
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2016 at 7:47am
you mean drank your beer while Thomas froze his ass off.

nice work young man, looked good. guess the hyperthermia and nearly losing a foot paid off.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2016 at 9:36pm
Thomas is the real deal....Patrick too for that matter......really glad to know these 2 young men. Their parents ain't to bad either!

Can't wait to meet ya Frankenotter.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2016 at 9:41pm
also...for NautiqueNut....please thank Bill for the kind words. I am blessed with great health..great weather and a great ski partner/teacher; backfoot100 (Eddie Olson) who I also connected with thru this AWESOME site. I am really having the time of my life down here what with the work we do and footing. It is sooooo cool that you are gonna have lunch with the guys. So wish I could be there. But make sure they take some pictures....as we say on here "pics or it didn't happen"

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2016 at 11:25pm
Just watched all the videos, had some real slow internet access lately. Im in vacations in Brazil...
Nice action there. Tom that 75 sound great!
Need to schedule another trip soon!

<a href="">1992 ski nautique
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2016 at 12:47am
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

Just watched all the videos, had some real slow internet access lately. Im in vacations in Brazil...
Nice action there. Tom that 75 sound great!
Need to schedule another trip soon!

Come on up!
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic