Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hing for vented windshield

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Brewski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hing for vented windshield
    Posted: January-15-2016 at 5:00pm
I have a 1969 nautique with the black windshield vented on the bottom. I am missing one piece of glass and the hinge. I can get new glass cut but I'm hopping to find the original aluminum hinge part. Thanks
Brewski
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2016 at 8:35am
Andrew,
Welcome to CCfan. We always ask for pictures but in this case, they are necessary. Here's why. In 69, a SN would have had a one piece plexi windshield so maybe you have mistaken the model or someone has molested your SN by installing a non original. There were some flat windshields on larger CC's but pictures will tell us what you have.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2016 at 8:49am
Andrew,
I noticed you are only looking for one side. Measure the hinge you do have and take a look here. Click on aluminum hinges. Also click on "more" towards the top of the page for more information on hinges.

We still want pictures!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Brewski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2016 at 2:31pm
Ok so after more research I have found out that this is not a 1969. Still very cool though. I'm thinking its a 77 or so I haven't found out how to read the HID yet to find out. I'm attempting to upload a picture but I am technologically challenged to say the least. I sent a picture to Kieth's email hopefully he can upload it for me.
Brewski
Brewski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2016 at 2:58pm
Looking at your 77 pictures, I'm thinking mine must be closer to that year. One of the differences is my graphics say Ski Nautique, also the transom above the fuel tank is arched fiberglass so your tow rope doesn't catch vs the arched bar on the rear. The hood scoop is the same and also the windshield. With all of that said the piece I am missing is the extruded piece that is roughly 1 inch by 30 inches that holds the bottom piece of glass and also allows it to hinge. I'm glad to be a part of this site. Thank You!
Brewski
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2016 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Brewski Brewski wrote:

Ok so after more research I have found out that this is not a 1969. Still very cool though. I'm thinking its a 77 or so I haven't found out how to read the HID yet to find out. I'm attempting to upload a picture but I am technologically challenged to say the least. I sent a picture to Kieth's email hopefully he can upload it for me.

Andrew,
Use the "post reply" and not the "quick reply". Click on the icon of the tree with the up arrow. A box will come up allowing you to browse your computer for the picture. We'll be waiting!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2016 at 3:20pm

the piece I am missing is the extruded piece that is roughly 1 inch by 30 inches that holds the bottom piece of glass and also allows it to hinge.

To be honest, in the years I've had my 77, all the other CC's I've seen with the vents as well as all the cleaning I've done on mine, I've never noticed how the vents are hinged! I always assumed there was an actual hinge?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Brewski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2016 at 10:23pm
Brewski
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2016 at 11:06pm
Andrew,
What's the HIN? Looking at the aft deck, I feel it could be a 79. The aft deck vent will tell since in 79 it was incorporated into the deck instead of the vinyl covered clam shell vents. The 79's still had the vented windshield.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2016 at 1:54pm
Not a 79, that would have a molded scoop in front. Did they change the rear deck for 77 or 78?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2016 at 3:12pm
Good catch Tim. The rear deck change wasn't until after 77 so maybe a 78? Then again, with CC, it could be a mix between years! But, that's why I asked for the HIN.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2016 at 4:02pm
The rear deck rope clearance bump was new for '77.

edit:   For the Ski Nautique and not the Ski Tique.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2016 at 5:16pm
Yup what Al said:

http://correctcraftfan.com/reference/bview.asp?id=14#image11

Ski Tique deck changes (both front and rear) came in '79.
Brewski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2016 at 12:23pm
I will get the HID as soon as I can. Thank you all for your help. I dropped the starter off this morning for a fresh rebuild. I can't wait to hear this thing run for the first time. My co-workers are laughing at me working on my boat when it is 17 degrees outside. I'm way to excited to wait for nice weather.
Brewski
Brewski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2016 at 12:52pm
Brewski
Brewski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2016 at 12:56pm
Brewski
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2016 at 3:02am
Welcome to Correct Craft Fan! I should have what you are looking for. In fact, I should have the aluminum piece with the glass.   Do you have the brackets that mount between the glass and windshield frame?
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2016 at 10:39am
Andrew,
Is that a Commander engine with PCM valve covers? What do you know about it?

I noticed you will need to address the stringers! You may be able to get by with a season or two but I highly recommend checking the engine to prop shaft to strut alignment.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Brewski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2016 at 8:54pm
YES! It is a commander with PCM valve covers. I'm still trying to figure out whether its a 302 or a 351. Of course I will need an entire floor but believe it or not most of the stringers are pretty solid. Some will need attention.
Brewski
Brewski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2016 at 9:11pm
Scottz I actually just had a Correct Craft Fan member send me the glass with the aluminum hinge attached. Now the only piece of the windshield I need it the big piece of glass above the vent for the drivers side. Thank you very much for the response. I know someone else will need what you have.
Brewski
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2016 at 10:41pm

. Of course I will need an entire floor but believe it or not most of the stringers are pretty solid. Some will need attention.

Andrew,
The pictures you posted don't show the sole removed. Have you removed it since so you could inspect all the wood below in the stringers?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Nwalton29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nwalton29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2016 at 1:24pm
Sorry to Highjack, but does anyone know where to find the hardware for the vents, other than the hinges. Over the years, mine have vibrated loose and have been lost.
Thanks.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2016 at 2:07pm
Neal,
My Tique was missing a couple of the arc shaped brackets and several of the thumb screws when I bought it. I couldn't find the brackets so I fabricated them duplicating the originals and then I bought the threaded stud knobs from McMaster I made some extras just incase I needed them and sure enough I did after my son and daughter used the Tique and weren't careful about tightening the thumb screws!!

Welcome to CCfan. Are we going to see some pictures of the boat? We always ask!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Nwalton29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nwalton29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2016 at 2:33pm
Thanks for the reply. That's what I was afraid of. I'm new to the forum. I'll post up some pics of the boat sometime. It's in pretty good shape. It needs a couple of seats redone and the brackets for windshield vents. It's been in the family for over 23 years, she's my baby!
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2016 at 3:19pm
I think I have some brackets. It will be the first of next week before I can check.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
Nwalton29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nwalton29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2016 at 5:13pm
Awesome ScottZ. BTW I got my love for these boats on Lake Mitchell going with my neighbor to ski jump events in the early 80's.
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2016 at 1:28am
How many brackets do you need? Both halves?
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
Nwalton29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nwalton29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2016 at 9:06am
I've been meaning to call you. I don't know excactly yet what I need. I should be able to find out tomorrow. Thank you Scott.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic