NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Buckethead 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
Author
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2016 at 10:51am
I thought racing was pretty fun... Are there going to be river police out Saturday morning preventing anyone from racing that wants to?
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2016 at 11:24am
Don't think there has ever been anything like that before so I would say no!
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2016 at 11:36am
see you at rick's, then again at the ramp around 7
RIPnSIX View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RIPnSIX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2016 at 11:37am
nah.. they wont be out till the afternoon to judge the tubing tournament.

And yeah.. Pat, I wasn't happy.. it was up by a dock though.. my own fault..
If you don't fall, you're not trying hard enough.

If it doesn't hurt.. Go Bigger.

Tubing Sucks.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2016 at 12:13pm
Stay away from docks then
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2016 at 1:04pm
Interesting point about 5-0 HW, Does anyone know if they were involved or informed for the prior "official" races?? Suppose the only thing that might be considered illegal is if you are running too close to another boat, which I would imagine is likely to happen along the way or USCG floatation rules in Ohio for the skier. Also might put a damper in your time were they to pull you over for a safety check, lol.
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2016 at 10:47am
Sorry guys, I've been MIA for a while. No real reason, just busy.
This is the post that was put out by Audra regarding the Buckethead party;

Hey All- August 26-28 @ Maumee River, OH
Some of you know the info, others don't so I'm passing on what Brian wanted me to about this year's Buckethead Bash.
Please pass it on to others if they have not heard- all are welcome to come.
Pack a cooler of drinks and food for a fun weekend!!
There will be no organized race like in years past---they are wanting to get together, ski, barefoot, have kids games, and just gather together and have some fun. There has been talk about a group going out to ski Saturday morning for some fun.
Same place--at Crandall's House/Yard Friday night-Sunday- bring your tent it WILL be a good time.
Friday Night- hang out and just visit/ski/barefoot
Saturday Day- Games on and off the water for adults and children- more details to come later
Saturday Night- Band from last year will be playing
Sunday- Play on the water and wrap up the fun to head home for the work week.
Ben will be attending in a bubble ball so we can stay all weekend for the fun o' festivities.
Can't wait to see everyone!

We (me, Shawn, Brendan, and whomever) will be bringing a team...er..I mean group of footers. I guarantee there will be some high speed runs up the river with boats, side by side, towing skiers without skis. Nothing official, just like minded souls not wanting to buy the beer if finishing last.
Regarding the race and insurance, USA Water Ski will not touch the race unless every driver is certified. Some of us are certifiably nuts, but that doesn't count.
On the topic of how to run a good race; it's called endurance barefootiong. The longer your runs, the better you do. Transitions kill you. They slow you down, and increase the risk of blowing a start. The teams that get out in front by having a couple of long runs do very well. The water is better, and the traffic is less. I'm no expert, but I've been through a couple of these.
Gotta go, but I'll keep an eye on this thread.
BTW, been so busy, I've not even footed behind my boat this year.   
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2016 at 5:36pm
What time would you like to unofficially run up and down the river with skiers?
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2016 at 10:49pm
I'm in as a spectator/crew help/beer runner.
Heard the main attraction at the bachelor party was Chrissy Quintler and she brings a tool box full of her special items.
From what I was told she travels with her manager/bodyguard (Gary somebody) that guards her tool box while she's working.
May be all rumors but I don't think I want to chance it
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2016 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

I'm in as a spectator/crew help/beer runner.

Crew help = picking up 12 drop skis
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2016 at 1:36pm
11, some guys never dropped both their skis...
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2016 at 5:57pm
I dropped both of mine but I picked them up myself.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2016 at 12:00am
Crew help = it's more than a job, it's an adventure
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2016 at 6:03pm
Sounds like Hollywood is going.
Who else is going to make the party????
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2016 at 6:19pm
our same team of skiers will be there
RIPnSIX View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RIPnSIX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2016 at 9:19am
I will be. The muddy is my back yard.
If you don't fall, you're not trying hard enough.

If it doesn't hurt.. Go Bigger.

Tubing Sucks.
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2016 at 12:48pm
We are meeting up at Eddie J's in Napoleon Friday August 26th. This is the same place as Ricks, they sold earlier this year.
-Steve the Pirate
86 Barefoot Nautique

Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 2:08pm
Us Michigan guys are coming. I plan on making it to Eddie J's (Formerly Ricks) Friday night. We have a small crew made up of myself, Shawn, and Doug. We might get one or two more by next weekend. My son Brendan will not be coming. His weekends are jammed in preparation of his impending wedding (BTW, the bachelor party starts tomorrow in Grand Rapids. Wish me luck ).
I'm not sure what boat we are bringing, most likely my '90.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2016 at 5:54pm
Bad news is I have a transmission problem with my '90 (slipping on high speed starts). Good news is we have a couple of backups. Looks like we will be bringing my '85. It has not seen water yet this year, so hopefully I can get her ready in time. If that does't happen, we have my buddy's '91. Who is heading to Buckethead? And, are you aware of the changes in regards to "racing"?
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2016 at 6:13pm
Looks like Barefootincrazy will not make the party but wish you all lots of fun. Will miss seeing you all.
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2016 at 11:21am
Steve, top off your tranny fluid. If your boat is sitting cold it should be over the full mark, if hot and immediately shut down it should be at the full mark.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2016 at 11:52am
Thanks Wood

I did check it while cold, and it was at the full mark. I'm going out there tonight to get a better look at it and check right after running it. While I was on it Friday night, I also noticed what might be a dirty neutral But I was on a mission to get to the Inn, so I didn't take the time to check it out completely. I will report back tomorrow. If I don't bring my '90, it looks like we will bring Shawn's '91 BFN. He is on a quest for a new 4-blade, trying to get one from Acme before Friday.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2016 at 12:20pm
My 79 has never had a perfect tranny, it has always slipped or popped out of gear if you go WOT out of the hole... even after a quick and dirty rebuild- I suspect the pump is on its way out. It's getting a different 10-18 when it re-launches later this year.

I'd top off the fluid and not worry about running it. By top off, I mean put as much fluid in as it allows, right up to the point where it splooges out when the dipstick goes in. Per Eric, that is just fine- and I never had any come out of the overflow/breather. Just don't slam it WOT from a dead stop- ours never slipped if you rolled up the throttle like normal... Going WOT once up on plane was never an issue- YMMV.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2016 at 11:58pm
Wood and Tim
Thanks for the info. I topped it off while cold. Not quite to the splooge level, but pretty close. The boat ran like a champ. Looks like she'll be making the trip.   
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2016 at 1:24pm
Rumor around the campfire is that there may be 6-7 boats heading up the river around 7:00am to check where the good fishing is. 7:00am launching boats, 7:30 we head towards Napoleon. If you are above no-wake speed, please back it down while going through the bridge construction zone. I haven't heard of a fueling stop or 5-minute rest point, but I think we will learn more in the morning.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2016 at 1:40pm
We are hoping for a top 10 finish
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2016 at 4:00pm
Good deal Steve, Footers especially like high trans fluid with the increased propshaft angle.

Man I am really hoping the fishing is good. Didn't catch a damn thing last year.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
  Share Topic