Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SALT WATER ??

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
v488 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote v488 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SALT WATER ??
    Posted: January-24-2016 at 10:28pm
I could have a chance to buy CC but I mostly boat in Salt Water areas like Tampa Bay, Gulf or Mexico. Anyone do saltwater? Opinions? Thanks Mike
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2016 at 11:46am
Buy it!
install a fresh water cooling and a dripless seal set up. and a flush kit. Find a galvanized trailer or an Aluminum trailer. Make sure to flush well after each use and be anal about keeping the salt water on the outside!!
and if you use it a lot be prepared to change out the exhaust manifolds every 3-5 years..or purchase a set of after marked SS manifolds.
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2016 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by v488 v488 wrote:

I could have a chance to buy CC

This is America doesn't everyone have a chance to buy a CC?
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2016 at 1:51pm
I run my '79 ski only in sea water only and I run the crap out of it. South of you 3 hours.
If you find a source for a galvanized or aluminum ski boat trailer for under 3K please share.
Your steel trailer will die allot faster than you think, even if rinsed well. I have opted for barn storage as I cannot keep buying trailers. Plus its just better. I use the trailer once a year when I bring her home for love.
I have a different opinion on closed cooling and shaft seals but that does not mean Jody is wrong.
Add a shaft zinc minimum and bond all wetted metals if you plan on leaving it in the water for more than a couple days at a time.
Please do not paint the hull. Please do not paint the hull, please do not paint the hull. Please don't let some moron talk you into painting the hull.
Did I mention no bottom paint?
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2016 at 1:53pm
This is the place:
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
v488 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote v488 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2016 at 2:02pm
YES !! That's where I will be putting around ! I'm actually living in MD. now but I'm in that area 4x a year. Thanks for the opinions from everyone. I'm learning.....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic