NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Barefoot Boom

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barefoot Boom
    Posted: June-06-2006 at 7:40pm
After spending a frustrating hour in my garage tonight, I decided to take a break and ask my fellow Nautique fanatics for some advice.

Like an idiot last year, I ordered the Barefoot International contoured boom for my 97 SNOB instead of the straight one (that's what I get for not paying attention). Once it arrived, I took it out of the box, and it lined up pretty well. The contour is inside the boat, and it actually raises the boom up a little bit higher, which is good for me since we don't have kids. Yet.

Anyway, when I went to hook it all up tonight to use it tomorrow, I could not figure out how to get it tight enough on the ski pylon. It's like my pylon is too small. I tighten it as tight as it will go, and when I put the quick release pin in, it rocks back and forth about an inch. Then when I go out and put weight on the end of the boom, I can pull it back with one hand while it twists on the pylon until the bow cables catch it. Anyone else ever have this problem?

I'm running the boom out the passenger side, and I loosened the driver side bolt a little bit to give me a few more twists on the passenger side, but still I get the same thing. I was almost to the point of throwing a wrench through the garage wall, but I thought I'd vent to you guys instead.

HELP!!!!

Thanks A Lot!

Rob
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2006 at 9:29pm
Rob,

What size pylon do you have? If it's narrower I wonder if they have an adapter. I put the same boom on my 81 and it tightens up real nice. I have both bolts snugged down and there is just enough clearance to slide the boom in and insert the lock pin. I try to keep it as tight as I can so it doesn't bounce on the gunwale when you hit a wake or a skier takes a tumble. Like you I would prefer the straight boom because the contour on my little 18'er puts you back in the side spray pretty good, got a great deal off of ebay I couldn't pass up.

I'd give Barefoot International a call and ask for advise. If Mike's in town he'll take the call personnally and figure it out for you. And tell him see you in Green.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic