Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

’99 SAN for sale

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ’99 SAN for sale
    Posted: June-08-2006 at 10:42am
It'll be a few years before I pick up a "new" nautique, but i was looking anyway :) Anyhoo, I saw this '99 SAN for sale for $22K. Pretty decent price, may be high hours though, who knows. I figured I'd throw it up here in case anyone was interested.
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me"
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 10:51am
Dank,

I'm curious, what's the top speed of your Barefoot? I read somewhere that you can push close to 50 MPH with Barefoot Nautiques. That 454 must have a lot of kick to it.

Ken
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 11:08am
Yeah it probably does about 50. Ithought it topped out about 45, but I recently checked my speedos against a GPS and found them not to be accurate. When one speedo read 16, the other read 17 and the GPS had me @ 19.5. I didn't check the top end w/the GPS. I'm glad you asked though cause it made me look up my old post asking about speedo adjustment. There was a new post w/a possible solution so I'll try to get the speedos adjusted. I'll check the top end w/the GPS while I'm at it
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 12:09pm
The Barefoot model has always been one of my favorite boats. It looks like such a workhorse. They're extremely rare around here. I've only seen two in person. I remember taking a picture of a 1986 BFN in 1986. As a kid, I had a brochure of a 1986 BFN on my bedroom door. The caption was 'Bred For Compet*tion'. Anyway, you have a gem of a boat.

Ken
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 1:59pm
Thanx for the compliment. We bought it a little over a year ago and haven't regretted it for a minute. I need to get some better pictures on my diary page. My wife's cousin is getting married @ the end of the month and I'm piloting the boat this wknd for a bunch of girls as part of her bachelorette party. So maybe I'll have some better pics to put up by Monday
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 2:14pm
Can't wait to see those pictures!

Besides the Silver Nautique, I think the Barefoot is next to impossible to find...and in decent condition. I don't know if Correct Craft made many of them. When I was looking for my second Correct Craft, I found a Dominique, which is the same hull as the Barefoot. I rushed to the marina to purchase it. When I arrived, it had been sold the day before. It didn't last long at all. If you ever go to sell yours, please let me know. I'm going to start collecting Nautiques. I'm going back and forth on buying Keith's boat right now. It will be a life long hobby. Please keep me in mind in case you want to sell.

Ken
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 2:23pm
Out of curiosity, howcome you have actual "O"s in the decals and not the feet? Was that an option or something model year specific? I've always been infatuated the BFNs.

Dank's is one of the nicest looking 88s I've seen.
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 2:29pm
I know a guy here in Austin who's selling his '81 Barefoot. It's got the 351 in it though.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 2:31pm
I agree, Kevin, there's something very attractive about the BFN's. Maybe because they're so rare? Maybe it's the big hull and big freaking engine? I know there's one for sale on this site. I've eyed that a few times. I'm ready to break out the checkbook, but there's another, beautiful decision maker in my life.
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 2:39pm
I beleive the graphics are stock. If you look at the boat in the '88 brochure it has the same graphics. Looks like feet showed up in '89. If you're really interested in buying a BFN, they get listed Here. Looks like there are 7 up there right now, two of which are on this site as well.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 3:13pm
BFC is a great resource. I will probably pick one up eventually. I think it'll look good at the dock next to the '88 Ski and (eventually) a '97-99 Ski.

I'm down to a BFN or an old outboard Hydrodyne (which are even rarer).
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 5:58pm
Hollywood,

My youngest brother has an outboard Hydrodyne. Fun little boat. BKH
Livin' the Dream

NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 6:44pm
Dank,
A bunch of Tx.girls, bachelorette party, sking!
We're waiting on those new pictures of your boat!
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2006 at 12:57pm
Profile updated :)
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2006 at 5:41pm
Dank,

great looking boat you have. did you buy it in that condition or did you have to work on it for awhile?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic