Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1989 deluxe stern seat dimensions?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
DanielT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1989 deluxe stern seat dimensions?
    Posted: March-06-2016 at 8:18am
I'm doing a big winter project this year, which includes building a new stern seat, since my boat didn't come with one. Because of the costs, I'm still vacillated between the standard and deluxe edition.
There is a local shop which does marine upholstery and I'm thinking of letting them do it. The only thing I need however, are the correct dimensions so that they can send me a quotation.
Is there anyone who has some sort of dimensions list of all the seperate pieces of vinyl? Or maybe just the dimensions of the separate cushions?
And am I correct that the corner of the observer seat backrest and bottom are the same as those of the stern seat, or is perhaps the stern seat bottom longer. If so then I could perhaps make my own dimensions based on the ones I already have.
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2016 at 11:38am
Hi Daniel, here is a photo of my 89's stern seat. The center cushion is 39 inches wide by 22 long(front to back) by 5 inches in depth. the smaller side cushions are 22 inches longfront to back) by 12 inches wide by 5 inches in depth. The center back cushion is 39 inches wide by about 14 inches tall by 5 inches thick. Hope this helps.
Art
1989 Correct Craft 2001

In the words of Milton Berle: "You can lead a man to Congress but you can't make him think"
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2016 at 12:44pm
I don't believe the corner cushion is interchangeable front to rear.
DCIndustries View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCIndustries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2016 at 3:06pm
Love seat corner is different than the Stern seat corners. Do you or your upholstery guy have access to a cad program? I replaced my substrates with Sintra last year. This year I'm reupholstering. I could email the substrate files that you could print out full scale and use as a template or cut on a cnc router. Also, if you wanna pay for shipping I can mail you my old skins when I'm done to pattern off of.

DanielT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2016 at 4:33am
Thanks for all the help.
Art do you also perhaps know how high the seat base is from the floor, and by this I mean the frame where the bottom seat rests on.

That would be really nice DC! If you could sent it to danieltromp@live.nl
Those skins would also really come in handy, but unfortunately shipping to europe is quite too expensive for me. But I really think those cad files would get me going in the right direction.
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2016 at 9:49am
Hi Daniel, the base is about 6.5 inches high. It is in 3 pieces, one under each cushion.
1989 Correct Craft 2001

In the words of Milton Berle: "You can lead a man to Congress but you can't make him think"
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2016 at 10:55am
throttle out View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote throttle out Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2016 at 10:01am
Originally posted by DCIndustries DCIndustries wrote:

Love seat corner is different than the Stern seat corners. Do you or your upholstery guy have access to a cad program? I replaced my substrates with Sintra last year. This year I'm reupholstering. I could email the substrate files that you could print out full scale and use as a template or cut on a cnc router. Also, if you wanna pay for shipping I can mail you my old skins when I'm done to pattern off of.

I am also gathering data to begin redoing the interior in my 89 2001. I'm sorry to jump in here, but it sounded like he is passing on taking you up on utilizing your old skins. I would be ecstatic to be able to take you up on your offer if it still stands. My seats are so far gone its not even funny, and are completely unusable for patterns.

Thanks in advance
Sammy
1989 Ski Nautique 2001 351 PCM w/ 1-1.23
DCIndustries View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCIndustries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2016 at 12:04pm
Daniel T, I'll send you an email. I just realized some of them I just copied on the fly. I can make drawings though as re-skin everything. I'll send them to you as I get them. Probably post them on here also for others to reference Also. Sammy, send me a message with your email. Most likely be another month or two to finish my reupholstery project but I have no problem mailing you the skins. Rather them be useful to someone than go in the trash.
throttle out View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote throttle out Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2016 at 2:52pm
That's awesome Darrel, thank you!
Massaging you now.
1989 Ski Nautique 2001 351 PCM w/ 1-1.23
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic