NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Seeking Cover For 98 Sport

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2016 at 2:48am
Yes, excel, but you better explain to Brett that your Tower may not be a factory tower. This is for your own protection. He can send you the cover about 70% complete and then you can mark the tower leg placement and send it back to him and then he will finish it off and send it back to you. It is always best to work with Brett via telephone verses e-mail. He does e-mail but his communication is better via phone. He does great work and you will not be disappointed but understand he is a small company.   
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
RadaRider View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RadaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2016 at 1:36pm
Gosh, for my first post on the site this has really turned in to quite the discussion! All great and very helpful information. I spoke with Brent at cover sports yesterday and I have decided that is definitely the way to go. I was already aware that the cost of an extremely high quality cover would be hefty but I think the overall investment will be well worth it in the long run. The overall experience with current sport cover owners is extremely positive and I want nothing but the best for my baby! Our lake home has a dusty road to get back to the house and I shudder to think of what would happen to the interior of the boat if I didn't have it covered prior to making it in and out let alone having it exposed on the road trip up and back. Now......the big questions is......do I go with the Forest Green (according to the Sunbrella color chart) or the black?? (see pix posted in previous comment on this thread) Green matches the boat...black matches the trailer. I'm leaning heavily towards the green. Can anyone with a black cover offer any advice? (heat issues, staining, anything else not thought of?). I will most definitely be putting the cover on it while it is sitting at the dock overnight in the water and I think the black will look weird when the boat is sitting alone. (yes, I'm that anal. have you seen my garage for crying out loud?)

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2016 at 1:47pm
No black gel on the boat, go green. Both will hide dirt well.

Be aware that the trailering covers are a PITA to put on when the boat is in the water. It's a 10min ordeal even if you want to toss it over the boat as a dew cover for the night. This is where a mooring cover shines. Just FYI.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2016 at 1:55pm
Both good choices, but I would go with forest green.

Where has skutsch been?
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2016 at 2:14pm
Go green.

I agree with Tim's comments that they take a bit longer to cover the boat....but you don't seem like the kind of guy who minds taking 10-15 minutes to wipe down & cover your boat.

Worth the investment, both time and money, IMHO.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2016 at 2:34pm
Ideal situation is to have one cover of each style, each used as intended... That's baller status (to match the garage).

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2016 at 6:15am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

I had some pants that looked like that in high school

I happened to run across an old photo yesterday and immediately thought of CQ's pants! This was back about 43 years when some of us were sporting the "preppy" style of pants.      I was in collage at Montana State and had driven down to Denver for a friends wedding. Never being into that style chose the western look! I still have those leather pants and they still fit!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
RadaRider View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RadaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2016 at 10:20am
Saw him a couple weekends ago. He stopped over to check out the boat. I'll mention to him you asked about him. I think I saw a video of you skiing behind "the bass Nautique" in a dry suit. Was that in December???
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2016 at 11:20am
Erick, DEFINITELY the green!!!

Hey Guys - been just getting killed at work, lot of travel too. Just checking in. I am Erick's neighbor on Tuttle Lake. Another satisfied Correct Craft Sport Nautique conversion - must be four or five now... Good news is he is also an outboard racer, not one of the drag guys, but one of the go fast turn left types.

The boat is as nice as it looks in the pictures.

Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2016 at 12:31pm
My 80 was blue so I went with a blue Rankin and it showed dirt. For my red 2002, I went with Black and have been happy with my choice.

1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2016 at 12:48pm
Donald, for future reference, the "tweed" Sunbrella colors hide dirt better than their solid color counterparts. My royal tweed cover hides dirt as well if not better than my black cover. Same for my charcoal tweed.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2016 at 12:52pm
+1 on tweed but I couldn't find a dark green tweed
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2016 at 1:19pm
Looks like there is a Hemlock Tweed #4605.

http://aws.glenraven.net/sunbrella/_pdf/en_us/2015-2016-Sunbrella-Shade-Fabric-Picture-Book.pdf
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2016 at 1:20pm
Hey Erick, did you steal my boat and make it look nicer? Welcome to the Sport Nautique club, figures Skutsch would direct you that way. That thing looks gorgeous! Best of luck with it, you're going to love it.

Just a comment on the Phoenix trailer - it looks to me like the wheel is quite a bit forward of where it is on my Ramlin. Be careful if you get in the boat with it not hooked onto a vehicle, from the looks of that balance point if you are behind the doghouse you might pull a wheelie. Can't see what you have for a prop guard but either way you don't want to test it.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2016 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

I was in collage at Montana State and had driven down to Denver for a friends wedding. Never being into that style chose the western look! I still have those leather pants and they still fit!! [/URL]

Are you the guy on the left?

Many people go to college, didn't realize you attended collage!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
*mtrbtr* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *mtrbtr* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2016 at 12:51pm
Pete
I knew you were smart, but now that I know you when to Montana State (Im guessing the College of Engineering), you are a lot smarter than I thought.
Go Cats!
Class of 99.   
2006 SV 211 (sold) went to the dark side
97 Sport Nautique (sold)
89 PS 190 (sold)
05 Four Winns H180 (sold)
89 Four Winns 180 Freedom (sold)
75 MFG (sold)
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2016 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

Are you the guy on the left?

David,
Yup, that's me on the left. So many years ago that I forgot what I looked like as a young kid!

Originally posted by *mtrbtr* *mtrbtr* wrote:

Pete
I knew you were smart, but now that I know you when to Montana State (Im guessing the College of Engineering), you are a lot smarter than I thought.
Go Cats!
Class of 99.   

Johnathan,
Thanks, You are giving me more credit than I deserve. I went to Wisconsin State Stout for a year, didn't care for the school and teachers so I finished up at Montana State. After graduating, I went to work carpentering at Chet Huntley's Big Sky when it was just a hole in the ground. Lots has changed out there in 40 years.
Are you an alumni?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
RadaRider View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RadaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2016 at 7:30pm
Just placed my order with Brent for my new cover sports cover. I decided to go with the forest green to match the boat. Brent says I should have it in about a month. I will definitely post pictures once i get it and put it on. Thank you for all of the advice and input from everyone. I am really excited about the resources that the site provides and am looking forward to learning a ton about these beautiful boats from my good buddy skutsch. He definitely gets the credit for me becoming a proud member of the Nautique ownership family. I can hardly wait until the reunion!
*mtrbtr* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *mtrbtr* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2016 at 9:22pm

Johnathan,
Thanks, You are giving me more credit than I deserve. I went to Wisconsin State Stout for a year, didn't care for the school and teachers so I finished up at Montana State. After graduating, I went to work carpentering at Chet Huntley's Big Sky when it was just a hole in the ground. Lots has changed out there in 40 years.
Are you an alumni? [/QUOTE]

Yes, Graduated in Fall of 1999. Still live in the valley.
2006 SV 211 (sold) went to the dark side
97 Sport Nautique (sold)
89 PS 190 (sold)
05 Four Winns H180 (sold)
89 Four Winns 180 Freedom (sold)
75 MFG (sold)
FredWSauer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FredWSauer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2016 at 12:31am
Any one used TravelTuff Custom Fit Covers, by Shoretex? I followed the link from the boatcoversdirect link at the top of the page. Cover for 1993 is listed for $425 and rated for tough trailer use. I plan on 2-4 hour trips every weekend for boating. I have a garage at both ends. I like to cover while on the road to keep all the grime off the glass and seats.
- FWS
1993 Ski Nautique
1978 Glastron T-160
1994 Weeres Pontoon - Wife's Boat
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic