NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2001 Model Exhaust Hose

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
86ER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86ER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2001 Model Exhaust Hose
    Posted: May-18-2016 at 2:40pm
Can anyone tell me what size the exhaust hose is on a '86 2001? Unfortunately, the boat is in another state and I forgot to measure it when I was last there. Is it 3" in diameter? What is the length?

Also, can the hose be replaced without removing the riser or pipes? Appreciate any responses.
H2oXtremes View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H2oXtremes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2016 at 4:54pm
I have replaced my exhaust hose on my 1985 and no I didn't have to remove the risers. The old hose was stuck a bit to the riser and had to pry it lose with a screw driver. The mufflers just lay next to the stringers so if you remove the center floor section that the engine cowl is attached to then you will be able to simply loosen the hose clamps and slide the old hose off the ends of the mufflers. The mufflers ends at the stern also have the same peice of hose attached to them that connect to the chrome end pieces thru the hull. You can lift up on the inlet portion of the muffler near the engine due to the flexable hose and re-attache the new hose without removing the mufflers.

The hoses are firm and tight to bend, I had to attach one end of the hose to the riser and clamp it down with the hose clamps and then strong arm the bend downwards and force it into shape to meet the the muffler. but still not a hard job.

As far as the length I ordered about 3ft per side which gave me about 10" left over I had to cut off but most places only sold it by the foot. I ordered mine from Skidim.com they had the best price

http://www.skidim.com/3-EXHAUST-CORRUGATED-WITH-WIRE/productinfo/MPI252-3000/
1985 Ski Nautique 2001
86ER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86ER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2016 at 4:57pm
Appreciate the info. Did you use 3" diameter hose?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H2oXtremes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2016 at 5:06pm
Yes my 85 also has the 3" hose diameter I replaced mine 7 years ago and haven't had any problems. in the link above and I also pasted it below is the exact hose I bought.

I think its "goodyear" branded and its a very stiff hosing so you will def need a good hacksaw to cut it and some good wire snips to cut the wire inside of the hose.

http://www.skidim.com/3-EXHAUST-CORRUGATED-WITH-WIRE/productinfo/MPI252-3000/
1985 Ski Nautique 2001
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H2oXtremes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2016 at 5:10pm
Best photo I have of the hose on my riser.

Exhaust Hose
1985 Ski Nautique 2001
86ER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86ER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2016 at 8:08am
Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic