NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

American Skier...update

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: American Skier...update
    Posted: June-18-2006 at 10:03am
Ok folks, now that it's all clean it's time for some part changes.

I made note of all the hose lengths and inside diameters. Are these hoses the same ones I can buy locally, or do they differ on the marine convered motors?

I was also going to change out the points for electronic ignition. Does this bring up any other issues, such as a coil change?

Is a standard Die Hard battery acceptable?

Going to also swap out the impeller and the two belts, fluids and plug wires and we should be good to go.

Anything other thougths?

Commander 351.

With some luck, on the water by end of week.

GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2006 at 7:10am
You will likely find auto parts stores fustrating...other than internet order, find a hydraulic hose shop; they likely have the proper diameter and grade water and fuel service hoses.

Std coil will do, just follow instructions.

Yes, I believe a std battery is ok, But opt for the Truck/RV model because it can take more vibration and shock. 750 amps or more, non-deep cycle.

Anything other thougths?

fuel filters.

"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2006 at 2:36pm
I started some of the work today...and ran into a potential issue...

The thermostat housing is a bit too corroded for my liking. Skidim indicates the Commander housings are no longer available.

The existing housing is likely OK for now, but I don't want it on there for the long-term.

What are my options?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic