NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mission Delta - universal surf device review

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
rmaytee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmaytee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mission Delta - universal surf device review
    Posted: June-17-2016 at 5:56pm
I must have been one of the first 10 orders Mission received as I have been stalking them ever since they informed me they were working on a universal device. I initially contacted them to see if they had a "Surf Side" that would work for my boat - a 2000 SAN. When I got the email blast that pre-orders were opened, I ordered right then. I received my order on 6/16/2016, and took the boat and a couple buddies straight to the lake to give it a go. Below is a review copied from my post to the Mission Boat Gear facebook page.

Ok, Mission has clearly given their hearts and souls to the Delta project. After getting my delivery, I had to run to the lake and test her out, and now it's time to give back a little.

These guys didn't cut any corners. Starting with the packaging, and the little details that make you extra fuzzy that they include extra little things that make us feel like we got a bonus. Things like the nice lanyard/leash, the covers to keep the suction cups clean, the awesome storage bag and the great instructions. Make sure you read them. More on that later.

Installing/using it was a breeze. I went with the reverse installation as directed in the manual, because my hull (2000 SAN) has a corner dropping down before the back of the boat. Make sure you push real hard IN on the 2 levers before folding them down. If you don't, they won't get a very good seal and will slide off. Once I figured that out, it never came off the rest of the evening.

The results were far beyond my expectations. I knew it would work well, but I had no idea it would do so good for the port-side wave.

My hull notoriously has a weak port wave due to the narrow boat and prop rotation. I was able to drop back about 10 feet and still recover. The best part of it is no leaning the boat and draining/filling sacks to one side. I kept everything symmetrical and balanced. Here's a photo of my buddy on the starboard, and my self on the port. Unfortunately we didn't get any other photos that showed the port side very well.

Thank you so much for all your hard work. I would recommend the Delta to anyone without a factory surf system. It has changed my tiny boat into an absolute surf machine.

If anyone has any specific questions, let me know. I'm no expert, and I am not affiliated with Misison in any way, but I am loving the results so far.

My set up:
2000 Super Air Nautique
Inland Surfer Sweet Spot
800 rear
400 ski locker
300 bow
4 people (130-170lbs)

Y2K SAN
zeckto13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeckto13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2016 at 3:43pm
Hi, I'm a proud new owner of a 2000 Air Nautique. Whereabouts did you locate the Delta on the hull? On the back corner piece itself, or on the side of the hull just in front of the corner? And also 50/50 above/below at waterline after ballast was filled, or completely below waterline?

I noticed the corner piece is not completely flat/flush on my hull and has some curve in it from top to bottom, so I wonder if it would work/stick there with the normal Delta configuration (wakeplate located in front of the suction cups instead of the back).

Thanks! BTW, nice looking wave!
rmaytee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmaytee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2016 at 12:42pm
Sorry for the slow reply. Check out my post on Planet at the link below. It has a lot more attention and information.

http://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/forum/other-related-topics/gear-related-items/490508-mission-delta-universal-surf-device-review
Y2K SAN
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic