Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New to forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
JD ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2017 at 1:15am
I spent another full day cleaning on the Century. I added the water line stripes back on the left side. Pulled out all of the interior to clean and so I could the panels off the fore and aft decks to replace. Both ends have lifting rings and rear the gas filler so simple panels become a bigger project.

Originally there was a linoleum type wood looking panel and I replaced it with oak plywood for the last 17 years. Now that there is such nice wood looking linoleum I am going to return to that type of product but the store was not open today. So, that project will have to wait for another day. Then I will put it all back together and de-winterize it. My wife says the Century needs to go up for sale.
JD ski, slicing, dicing, and shredding since 1981

1999 Air Nautique, GT40 Pro Boss, Trail Rite trailer
1975 Century Resorter
JD ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2017 at 12:47am
I completed the Century today, It came out looking pretty good for an old boat with stock interior. Had Pete not spurred me on, I would have sold it looking "rode hard and put away wet". Now it looks like something you can be proud of and I have a lot of sore muscle.

1975 Century Resorter
JD ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2017 at 12:59am

There were a few photos that did not load in the first post of all of the buffing. The sanding did not work so well and was a lot of work.. I purchased a wool buffing wheel and had some 3M heavy duty buffing compound. That made a lot of difference. Then I went over the whole boat with a medium buffing compound and then 3M Finesse-It. Then I followed up with Mc Guires Gold class liquid and then a hand rubbed coat of 3M Marine Past wax..

1975 Century Resorter
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2017 at 6:56am
Jim,
I love the glass Century's. They always made a great looking boat. Nice job.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2017 at 12:31am
love the Airstream...you got nice toys!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
JD ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2017 at 10:25am
Thanks guys, maybe I can pass on the love of classic boats and classic style.. Even when she was looking pretty rough that boat always got positive comments. The Airstream is a 1977 Traidewind. It could use some work on the inside but it is functional.

1975 Century Resorter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic