NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

97 SN Rear Seat Back Removal

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
86ER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86ER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 97 SN Rear Seat Back Removal
    Posted: November-05-2016 at 7:09pm
How do you remove the rear set back on a '97 bubble back so that you can gain access to the fuel tank? I can feel two bolts on each side (port and starboard), but it seems like these bolts hold the padded seat back to a separate fiberglass liner that is removable. Does the whole seat back assembly (with liner) just lift up and out, or is it screwed/bolted in place?
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2016 at 8:06pm
It should just lift up and out. There may be a retaining knob on each side, but I don't think so. I believe there is a cutout in the fiberglass of the seat that slides over two or three metal hooks.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

86ER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86ER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2016 at 8:40pm
Thanks for the quick response. I've found a few images on the internet that would lead me to believe that there are three hooks that retain the whole assembly. Unfortunately, I've been unable to determine whether or not the images are that of a Ski Nautique or a Sport Nautique. I'm not sure if the back seat is the same on the '97 Sport Nautique.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2016 at 8:45pm
I owned a 98 Ski, but I've not owned it for 15 years, so image is not fresh. three hooks sounds right. Mostly I could not remember if it had a retaining knob under the gunnel on each side. Just lift the whole thing straight up.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

rpaldrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpaldrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2016 at 7:29pm
I own a '98 sport. Just took the seat out this weekend. Three tabs, Seat lifts straight up.
1998 Sport Nautique
winniskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winniskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2016 at 2:04am
My seat back lifts straight up off of three hooks. If it seems like it is secured in the middle, let me know. Mine does. I can explain what I think is going on.   
Jim
86ER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86ER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2016 at 7:32pm
Mine was also installed over three hooks. Had to use a bottle jack to get it up though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic