Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1966 Skylark - 300

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1966 Skylark - 300
    Posted: December-16-2016 at 2:01pm
In need of all the gauges, the front flag pole, steering wheel, and front mount spot light.

Please message me on here or send me an email at Crabtree.Jonathan@gmail.com
https://youtube.com/shorts/D6xrs4xlDVY?si=uOaaduvSAlFcLOAU
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2016 at 7:13am
Johnathan,
Unless you find someone parting out a boat of the mid 60's era, Ebay would be a good source.
The deck mount spotlight would have been a dealer installed option so almost any brand would be appropriate. However, A Perko like this one would have been popular.
Gauges would have been standard non marine S/W's. Again, check Ebay.
I seem to remember a member selling an appropriate helm wheel The plastic was cracked at the hub but repairable with epoxy and paint. Be patient and it may come up or do a search in the parts for sale section.

Where are those pictures of the project? Again, we'd love to see what you're working on!

EDIT: Here's Tim's wheels. Go for the white 67.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
67 skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2017 at 7:51pm
Please keep us updated on your progress. Yours is one of the few Skylarks with the Buick 300 I have heard of.

Keith
1967 Skylark with Buick 300
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2017 at 8:24pm
I have a Buick 300 in my Al Tyll Skier. Places to find engine parts would be AWESOME - esp. marine manifolds! I would appreciate it if folks would keep their ears open for 'em. Thanks.   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2017 at 8:55pm
I had to go with Hi-Tecs for manifolds.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2017 at 8:55pm
I had to go with Hi-Tecs for manifolds.

Keith
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2017 at 9:07pm
Trying to avoid that cost! Looking at Cast Welding..
They are HARD parts to find!
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2017 at 10:50pm
Sorry fella's, got busy with a few things. I've finally am able to upload some photos. Overall the boat needed some work, the lifters were knocking a touch, the foam was well wet as usual. The stringers were good luckily, but the dash and deck had a lot of spider cracks. The keel need a lot of work, as it was beached it look like multiple times.

Here is the boat purchased: CLICK HERE

Some photos for you view pleasure. I will always keep a look for Buick 300 Marine parts, as they seem to be a PIA to come by.

Upon arrival.

Started digging in right away.

Before you tube: CLICK HERE

After you tube: CLICK HERE
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2017 at 11:02pm
Waiting for the goodies :)

Some friends over the summer time.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2017 at 12:42am
OMG...love your garage!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2017 at 7:22am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

OMG...love your garage!

john

+1!!
Js
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2017 at 9:56am
I wish I could take credit for the garage, but I can't. It's a friends, that also has a CC obsession so it works out well
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2017 at 1:33pm
Beautiful looking boat Jonathan. You call that a Skylark. Does it have badging and a hull ID that call it a skylark as well? A RH drive Skylark?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2017 at 2:46pm
Air 206,

I found my correspondences I had with the person I sold my manifolds to. They are cast iron log manifolds off what we believe was a Chris Craft. They are not the original aluminum box type manifolds. They did fit the Buick 300.

The persons name is Austin Lafoon if he contacts you through here.

Best of luck,

Keith
1967 Skylark
300 Buick V-8
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=3944&sort=&pagenum=1
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2017 at 3:30pm
Thanks Keith! That's great.
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2017 at 3:42pm
Air 206
Pony up the money🤑- get the originals fixed.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2017 at 3:50pm
I don't know that the manifolds on my engine are the originals. I have not seen 2 engines with the same manifolds. Revley and Correct Craft are know parts swappers during those years.
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2017 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Beautiful looking boat Jonathan. You call that a Skylark. Does it have badging and a hull ID that call it a skylark as well? A RH drive Skylark?

Sorry for the late reply, but my Father passed away suddenly at the age of 61 and had to deal with a few things. He has the 70' Mustang Baby Blue with the HM in the some of my pictures along with the skier.

As far as I know, it has the badge on the Stringers of SL2024 and all the badging.
bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2017 at 12:05pm
Sorry for your loss crabman. I'm sure your father was quite the man.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2017 at 12:44pm
Jonathan, I'm very sorry to hear that.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2017 at 4:05pm
Crabman, I am sorry for your loss.

Our Skylark is also has a starboard helm. She her stringer plate is sl-2077.

Keith
67 Skylark
300 Buick
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2017 at 4:35pm
Thanks everyone, it's been a tough one to muster. I always look at the positive things and I have some great times from the CC reunions at Cedar Point to just shooting the Bologna out in the middle of the lake. The Old man Crab will always live on - One lap at a time.

Keith - That's decently close, this one must be the end of the year one mine is a '66,since yours is a '67. Not sure how many were made, it might of been the other way around as well. I see your from Lapeer, I've been up that way may times. Have a few good friends that live up in Imaly City.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2017 at 4:46pm
Sorry to hear that Jonathan you have our sympathy's. Always remember the good times and his love of boating that he obviously passed down to you.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2017 at 8:58pm
Jonathan, sorry about your Dad. Like you, my Dad was very involved in Correct Crafts. It helps the pain to know that he is watching your involvement.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2017 at 8:28am
Is the Buick 300 a RR engine?
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2017 at 10:13am
Jonathon sorry to hear also, hang tough and carry on just like your pops would want!!
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2017 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Is the Buick 300 a RR engine?

Yes - I'm second guessing now, but 98% sure.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2017 at 2:33pm
Add my 2 % to make 100 - new firing order (RR) is stamped on a separate plate on the valve cover.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic