NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A Day and Half With The Bear & Eddie O

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Day and Half With The Bear & Eddie O
    Posted: February-19-2017 at 5:51pm
So a quick trip to FL to hang with the fellas. Absolutely great guys to hang with as well as ski with (hate that work interrupted my Friday but that meant more sets for the others.   
Kristin's boyfriend Jake got the nod / invite to join the festivities and did not disappoint with with his early learning efforts. Will try to get some videos posted as time permits -

A huge thanks to John, Eddie, Mike.

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2017 at 11:16pm

Jakes video clip to follow
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2017 at 12:32am
The boat sounded great and so was the footin.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2017 at 7:45am
Wished I came by to say hello!
Js
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2017 at 2:59pm
Please disregard the taped up Jbear handle

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2017 at 4:23pm
He's doing well. What was his skiing/boarding background before hooking up with you and Kristen? Time to move on to deep water starts. They planning any trips to Badin this spring?

I worked with a kid last summer that couldnt get it to save his life. He could never get stable on a 3 point, and of course always rushed his plant. Dont think I was the problem, I got my 2 nephews up short line in 2-3 relatively short outings.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2017 at 4:43pm
Including last October's Badin Lake mini I believe he had been on the water ~5 times of which 2 were with his feet in the sticks when he was shorter than the corn stalks in the fields of Iowa where he grew up.
In one of the video's you can see where we were starting him on the sit and stand training.
He has admitted that he is hooked (must have been too easy on him and protected him from the early crashes) but if that is what it takes to get them back to NC more frequently this summer it is all good.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2017 at 9:04pm
Greg, he has nice form, I sure you and Kristen worked on that. Probably a keeper!!
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2017 at 10:42pm
don't talk bad about that handle, they may never invite you back. They both love that handle, haha

Always a good time with Eddie and the Bear. We beat you down there by a couple weeks.

aww hell, I can't figure out how to embed videos from youtube anymore and F12 isn't working. One of you young kids help me out,

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2017 at 12:11am
that handle is 'no fail'....its got the grip. Love that handle.

Larry...we gave Jake a couple of tries on a deep water start on the 5 foot line. But he was pretty tried. He is so good on the board and so solid that I know he will be losing the board soon.
Also gave GF a couple of LLBD pulls but he is planting a little w-i-d-e so no success. I know you will get him going soon. He is solid on the boom.
As with Adam Deen and VandyGail....it was great having Greg and Jake. We love visitors.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2017 at 11:50am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

We love visitors.

john

That is good to know!

fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2017 at 11:55am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

I worked with a kid last summer that couldnt get it to save his life. He could never get stable on a 3 point, and of course always rushed his plant. Dont think I was the problem, I got my 2 nephews up short line in 2-3 relatively short outings.

I have had the same situation with a 20 something year old. I am most always patient with the newbies and it usually works. Not this guy.....after telling him 10000 times don't slam your feet in just yet....he gets to his butt and tries to push his feet in the water so hard I think he will hit the bottom of the lake. Then he asks what I think he is doing wrong!
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2017 at 11:55am
Great video. Jake has a HUGE advantage with those large feet. He does have great form.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic