Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green gelcoat + PCM Exhaust Manifold

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Goldcup101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldcup101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Green gelcoat + PCM Exhaust Manifold
    Posted: March-03-2017 at 4:27am
Hi,
Has anyone got any amount of 'Green' 97-02 gelocat for sale by any chance? For a 1997 Ski Nautique Masters Edition that I'm restoring. Can only find it at Spectrum Colour in gallon quantities. It isn't worth spending $250 just to repair a few deep scratches.

One of those PCM exhaust manifolds with 'PCM Marine Engines' cast into the side & coloured yelllow would be useful too!
Many thanks!
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2017 at 2:08pm
Gel repair kits have a shelf life, so it would be hard to get a good "leftover" portion.    you might try getting a white gel kit and coloring it by eye until it matches?    
on the manifold, you can get them new from SkiDim, Nautique parts and other places.   I would not chance buying used if you have to worry about shipping to France...   I got a bad used one once, and the cost of the used manifold and shipping set me back enough that I could have bought a new one for only a few dollars more.   manifolds are HEAVY.   Another option for you is to have your old manifold repaired.   A good welder should be able to fix a manifold.   it may not be pretty, but it's an option.
Goldcup101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldcup101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2017 at 6:17pm
Update on this:

Thanks for your suggestions; I came to a similar conclusion given shelf lives and decided it was unlikely anyone would have some green that would still be usable. I ordered a quart of neutral and a patch kit of zephyr (well, a matched colour to zephyr) then also ordered a colour mixing patch kit, all from Spectrum Colour. They advised on the specific tints needed to achieve the green. I haven't tried to mix it yet but expect it to be fairly tricky to get a good match. It wasn't $300 though so I reckoned was worth a shot!

The manifold was repairable, as it turned out, but the cost of repairing it was very nearly as much as a new one so I just got a new one from NautiqueParts along with various other bits. NautiqueParts spend on the renovation is now around $2000! I had the manifold shipped to an address in LA on my visit last week and I just brought it back in my suitcase. As you point out, those manifolds are pretty heavy but I managed to avoid excess baggage by pleading a bit!
I'm in Seattle next week where I'll get some more parts. I never seem to have an empty suitcase coming back from the US!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic