NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The First Annual West Coast Reunion

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2017 at 3:54pm
JD, what a disappointment, cannot believe not even 1 boat showed up. Out here in it's heyday Green Lake attracted people from all over the world, literally, and a couple hundred people with 40 or 50 boats. Sure looks like a beautiful spot also. Great effort and maybe a different spot may bring more boats??
JD ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2017 at 6:18pm
A little bit of what you missed. I found this video this morning while looking to get a cabin at Plumas Pines Resort. It shows a good view of the lake with a little bit of information about Lassen Nation Park. Enjoy, I do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twk3PvABcPE
JD ski, slicing, dicing, and shredding since 1981

1999 Air Nautique, GT40 Pro Boss, Trail Rite trailer
1975 Century Resorter
MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2017 at 1:06am
Sure sorry not to have seen a better turnout. next time.
If I may, I think perhaps a location more centrally located in California would be more successful..
(I realize this is a West Coast event, not a California event, but think there may be a better draw from within Cal, esp. around SF Bay Area, then expand from there...)
JD ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2017 at 12:30am
Originally posted by MourningWood MourningWood wrote:

Sure sorry not to have seen a better turnout. next time.
If I may, I think perhaps a location more centrally located in California would be more successful..
(I realize this is a West Coast event, not a California event, but think there may be a better draw from within Cal, esp. around SF Bay Area, then expand from there...)

I agree that if an event was closer to a major population area there may be more attendance. but I do not live near those areas and that would make it difficult for me to put on an event in those areas. No one else has stepped up to the plate on the West Coast, or Southern California, or Central California, or Portland, or Seattle to attempt an event. I would recommend that someone put on an event in Southern California and Central California along with Portland and Seattle that would be great. I might even get to one of them.

However, as you make mention, I am putting on the West Coast event and the location live near is within 50 miles of the center of San Diego and Seattle. So I am giving it a try. I knew from the messages and lack of messages that no one from the site was attending. I still had 11 family members and 20 co-workers there. One brought his Supreme and another a patio boat. I am at one of the local lakes frequently so setting a date to be at Almanor is not a big issue for me. If I know there are more people attending I will scale up the event. I was only out some planning time and a few hundred bucks to buy shirts for the attendees. I ended up giving the shirts to family members, all is good.

You all have no idea how hard it is for me ( and my friends get up set at the idea more people on the water) to invite people to the mountains so our local lakes can become more crowded as Almanor frequently becomes peoples favorite vacation spot. I am willing to go out on a limb with this group as we all have the same interest. So, hopefully a few more boats will show up next year and may be even a few more events on the West Coast.
JD ski, slicing, dicing, and shredding since 1981

1999 Air Nautique, GT40 Pro Boss, Trail Rite trailer
1975 Century Resorter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic