NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

lake winnipesaukee

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lake winnipesaukee
    Posted: March-11-2017 at 7:47pm
does anyone on here boat regularly on the big lake? we are moving our boat up there to Fays boat yard for the summer to see what we think. Any decent sand bars or anchoring /swimming spots to look for?   we are pretty familiar with the land end of things but are newbies to the water there.
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
DasBoot67 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DasBoot67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2017 at 9:25pm
Get a map of the big lake you need to study it if you never been on it
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2017 at 12:52am
I've been a part timer on the lake since I was about 13, and now with my family we do a couple long weekends up there every summer. The big lake is fun as there is so much to explore in the different towns and areas of the lake. I have seen it as smooth as a sheet of glass and as rough as the he worst ocean storm you can imagine!

I like the northern side of the lake, lots of islands to work around and explore there is a,sand bar in Braun Bay. One of our favorite places to anchor and swim is Johnson cove in Winter harbo. The lake is so big with so much to explore even after 35 years I still find more!

That being said a GOOD map is VERY important!! That lake has rocks that just love to chew up boats, and sometimes,what you think is right, isn't! Some of the preferred channels between the small tight islands can be very confusing so proceed with caution!
I'm not sure but I think there is only one company that has a,detailed GPS map of the lake.

Enjoy your summer on the Big Lake and hopefully we will meet you up there!
Old school goin back to school!
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2017 at 10:17am
Thanks I have one and will buy the chip for my garmin.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2017 at 1:23pm
Peter and anyone else....with the advent of Smartphones there is an APP for that..... Check into an App for your smart phone called Navionics... You can download the free one but it doesn't ive you detailed info. For $5 a year its a really cool waterway navigational app that gives your exact location, waterdepth, channel markers and a host of other information. Good for ANY lake in the US and big river. Pretty cool app and worth the $5 a year to me.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2017 at 1:51pm
Thanks i'll try that. I have one for hunting   it gives me property lines the owners and address wind direction and other info pretty amazing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic