NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

speedo on my 1973 sn

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
kelpfish View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelpfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: speedo on my 1973 sn
    Posted: April-17-2017 at 1:57pm
Morning, was up at the Colorado river on parker strip last 4 days and had one of my speedos on my 1973 SN fill up with water and start leaking. Put a zip tie on the hose and continued skiing. Does anyone repair these? and if so does anyone have new backings mine are quite yellow from sun over the years ? Wouldn't mind just having both serviced.

thx everyone
Live Your Dreams
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2017 at 2:09pm
Andrew,
Sounds like the typical SS bellows inside the speedo fracture. Silver solder the crack and if you can't, then a jeweler is a good prospect. Several of our members have had good success with their DIY.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
kelpfish View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelpfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2017 at 5:13pm
ok was maybe going a lil to fast she will really scoot with the 1:1 trans. Will try and look inside her. Anyone make replacement backing papers mine are really yellow and be nice to change it out when I in there ?
Live Your Dreams
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2017 at 5:49pm
Possible, though doubtful, that excessive speed was a contributor. I've run my diaphragms pretty hard (into the 60's) and only had one failure.

Email me about the Airguides, send pics of what you're working with: trbenj@gmail.com
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2017 at 6:04pm
JMurph had some made up at one time link
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
kelpfish View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelpfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2017 at 10:52pm
mine are the white ones with kilo and mph not sure if are original but what I has?
Live Your Dreams
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic