Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Plug specs

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
winniskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winniskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plug specs
    Posted: April-21-2017 at 3:04pm
Anyone know the torque and gap specifications for my spark plugs? My engine is a Pro Boss GT-40.
Jim
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2017 at 6:39pm
The torque value is in the manual (section 4) in the reference section. Didn't see the gap mentioned.
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2017 at 7:12pm
0.45"

96 Super Sport
Previously: 95 Sport Nautique, 1980 Ski Supreme
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2017 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Blamey Blamey wrote:

0.45"

so to put the numbers in the same spot 10 to 15 ft lbs and 0.045 inches.

Think that 0.45 is a typo
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2017 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Originally posted by Blamey Blamey wrote:

0.45"

Think that 0.45 is a typo

No, I've heard one of those EI conversion things can creates a spark that can jump 1/2" gap!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2017 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

No, I've heard one of those EI conversion things can create a spark to jump 1/2"!

We run a 40 AMP points mag in the nitro funny car. Cringe every time I have to grab the cap and twist it to set the timing. That thing would throw a spark across the car!!
BTW 65 degrees timing!!

Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2017 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Duane in Indy Duane in Indy wrote:

We run a 40 AMP points mag in the nitro funny car. Cringe every time I have to grab the cap and twist it to set the timing. That thing would throw a spark across the car!!
BTW 65 degrees timing!!

It's amazing what a mag will produce. I got a wallop one day even from this little one on my Flexifour. At least it's got the on the fly advance/retard. (retard before cranking)

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
winniskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winniskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2017 at 9:41am
I am changing the distributor cap and rotor as well. What is the small amount of grease inside the cap for? It looks like it is stored there to be applied somewhere else.
Jim
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2017 at 10:06am
Originally posted by winniskier winniskier wrote:

I am changing the distributor cap and rotor as well. What is the small amount of grease inside the cap for? It looks like it is stored there to be applied somewhere else.

Assuming it is a points type distributor then it gets smeared on the 8 sided center shaft cam lobes to prevent the rubbing block on the points set from wearing.
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2017 at 11:00am
Big spark is the shizzy

Have witnessed my MSD jump a 3" airgap

One spring, the stone cold engine turned over a 1/4 turn upon just turning the key to on, it fired off the fogging oil and residuals in one jug after 7 months of sitting.

Its got me back to the dock with a stuck float dumping fuel.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2017 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by winniskier winniskier wrote:

Hmmm, was the grease near the center (coil) post? My guess is that it is to lube the part of the rotor that is constantly riding against the bottom side of the cap center post.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic