NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Glass Layup Schedule on '82 2001?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 567
Author
Nautique Newby View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique Newby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2023 at 6:06pm
Thanks Keno!!   Just what I needed.  I've gone back through and checked everything else against the wiring diagram and it checks out.  So is it likely this alternator was not regulating voltage since the exciter was essentially hooked up to nothing?
I hope I don't screw this up!
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2023 at 6:13pm
Without excitation, it wouldn't be putting out any voltage.You'd have battery voltage at the alternator output terminal and all the boat electrical stuff would be getting battery voltage and dropping constantly as time went on with no charging.

I'd wire it as discussed and check alternator output and battery voltage when running and it should be in the 13.5 ish to 14 range
Nautique Newby View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique Newby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2023 at 1:40pm
I've gotten all the wiring straightened out and the alternator hooked up correctly.  Cranked the boat and it's reading 14.5V output.
I hope I don't screw this up!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 567
  Share Topic