NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

buying a car (old link)

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: buying a car (old link)
    Posted: May-22-2017 at 8:25am
There was a discussion on here a few years back about buying a car. Some sort of online no haggle best pricing type of service. It was a several reply thread.   I believe Bhectus and TRBENJ were regular commenters in the thread.   Cannot find the link. Anyone recall?
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2017 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Swatkinz Swatkinz wrote:

There was a discussion on here a few years back about buying a car. Some sort of online no haggle best pricing type of service. It was a several reply thread.   I believe Bhectus and TRBENJ were regular commenters in the thread.   Cannot find the link. Anyone recall?

Might this be it
old thread
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2017 at 9:26am
yes. Thanks Keno.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2017 at 9:43am
Steve,

My father-in Law used an APP I believe is called True Car. You see it advertised on TV. It tells you what others in your area paid for their car.

New Sport Nautique and a New truck? I am glad I have rich friends in case I need a loan, or a grant.

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2017 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

I am glad I have rich friends in case I need a loan, or a grant.
Donald

I'm not liking the sound of this. The Mustang in it's pampered life is used to the best,asking for handouts in the form of loans and grants moves you down the list. An audit will be required Before even entering negotiations Maybe now even a background check will be warranted ....
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
d4carlon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4carlon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2017 at 7:01am
To me, TrueCar is not an incredible service anymore. It provides invoice price only.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2017 at 7:53am
Originally posted by d4carlon d4carlon wrote:

To me, TrueCar is not an incredible service anymore. It provides invoice price only.

Carl,
What service do you recommend?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2017 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

I am glad I have rich friends in case I need a loan, or a grant.
Donald

I'm not liking the sound of this. The Mustang in it's pampered life is used to the best,asking for handouts in the form of loans and grants moves you down the list. An audit will be required Before even entering negotiations Maybe now even a background check will be warranted ....

Gary,

I need you to hold on to the stang for 8 more years.

My two daughters have at least 8 more years of expensive college ahead that I am trying to help pay for. I have at least 8 more years of asking for handouts, grants and over extended credit limits ahead of me. . .

Please hold off on that audit for nine more years (20260). In the mean-time, I am still working the Chippendale and Buns of Steel circuit for the ladies. Those non taxable cash dollars pulls in a large stream of cash that I do not claim as income, I consider sharing my beautiful body as charity for the chubby chasers. I write off all of my G-Strings and other costumes to show a tax credit loss each year. An audit of my net worth will not show that CASH income stream, but will show a loss .

I am blessed but forced to be a beggar.   The Starr Grant would be nice for the fall semester.

Donald
Chippendale #69
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic